Ford F150 w/Powerboost

Slacker23

I have a Ford F150 with the hybrid Powerboost engine that incorporates an inverter, with a Tune camper installed on the bed. There are AC outlets in the bed that I plan to charge my Pecron e1500LFP battery, and hope to get by with just this to charge the Pecron while driving, avoiding solar install of any sort. May add an expansion battery after some road trips to test the need, but don’t plan on being stationary for more than two days to power a Dometic fridge, Maxair fan and LED lights built into the Tune. Question: am I correct to assume the outlets in the bed are all that is needed to charge the Pecron…doesn’t appear a DC to DC charger or any add’l equipment is needed…assuming the e1500 turns out to be sufficient for my needs.

oldnslow

Observer
You will also need to verify if the inverter output is true sine wave. Many (most?) power stations won't charge from a "modified sine wave" (i.e. square wave) inverter.

Dave in AZ

I have a Tune and a Pecron e1500LFP. And a 400W inverter in teuckbed of Tacoma. Pecron won't charge from a mod sine wave inverter like Tacoma has. I have to feed my 120v power into a power supply, boost to 50v, and feed that into the mppt solar input.

Check your inverter, see if it works.
If it works, YES, that's all you need and it's perfect.

Here are some videos I made of all this:

Plus about 20 Tune videos with several on power setups:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk