Ford Vrs Toyota course

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
mm Oilfield......mmm lets see i work for the largest oilfield service company in the world ...

Primary concern safety systems 4 wheel abs dual airbags roll cage
Second parts availability
3rd cost.

In the US my company - uses ford mainly, but does have other trucks.

In venezuela ford again - they had a veno factory and parts, we even had to buy the larriot leather models just to get the second airbag !, no other truck supplier in the country had the safety features required by our policies

In the middle east - all toyota no tacomas though- hilux-cruiser then a jump to Dynas.

Death while driving was the highest fatality type in the company- they spend millions every year on vehicles - GPS tracking and journey management.

The last two years heart attacks beat driving .......now I have to have a full medical every year !

bjowett

Adventurer
i would LOVE to hear the analysis of this statement- please...please start with the durability one of the F series all the way back to its origins in comparison to the Tundra's.

Well, I'll quote you "DID have higher quality". Why discuss all the way back to the F series origins, when you have already conceded the point that in your opinion, up until very recently, Toyota made better vehicles? The Tundra hasn't been around very long in the big picture, but statistically it has less problems than Ford in the short and long term, and the further back you go, the better it looks. Take a trip over to JD Power, or any of the others, and check the numbers.

If you want to get into comparing the current generation Tundra and F150.... let's do it.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
HEy guys.. at least most if not all on this forum have the ability to buy/build pretty much want we want, go where we want to, ect.. Ain't life great? (for some people anyways)....... lots of "less" in this world.. :26_7_2:

bjowett

Adventurer
HEy guys.. at least most if not all on this forum have the ability to buy/build pretty much want we want, go where we want to, ect.. Ain't life great? (for some people anyways)....... lots of "less" in this world.. :26_7_2:

You make a good point, and I agree, we are all VERY lucky. All vehicles are fun, stock or built. I like them all and don't fault anyone for being into into a specific make.

El Guapo

Observer
Well, I'll quote you "DID have higher quality". Why discuss all the way back to the F series origins, when you have already conceded the point that in your opinion, up until very recently, Toyota made better vehicles? The Tundra hasn't been around very long in the big picture, but statistically it has less problems than Ford in the short and long term, and the further back you go, the better it looks. Take a trip over to JD Power, or any of the others, and check the numbers.

If you want to get into comparing the current generation Tundra and F150.... let's do it.
DID have better quality - as in vs today's quality of the same product. and JDpower- well let's see what do they say? and for which model year(s) and how many months in service at what R/1000? all these dimensions i assume you have data showing the tundra is better than the F-series. let's discuss them. share your data.:coffeedrink:

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
I wouldn't buy either truck as the cooler of beer in the back wouldn't be enjoyed for hours after you arrive at the camp site! To you guys that are new to the brand feud theme, it's Ford vs. Chevy, not Ford vs. Toyota, especially since we all know Toyota doesn't make real trucks.....
:peepwall:

ignorant

Observer
vehicle brand feud debates are akin to the good old 2nd grade, "My dad can beat up your dad." I'd like to think it's all in good fun and if we met a stranded vehicle on the trail, no matter the brand, we'd all pitch in and help......

btw.. Haven't you heard, Mahindra will rule everyone soon. :truck::elkgrin:

El Guapo

Observer
smattering? hardly. you post a bunch of websites that are flanked by Toyota ads. your "2010" numbers are the closest thing to being vague.

show me your so called statistical proof. compare a to b the R/1000 of whichever amount of months or years in service ACROSS the complete lineup and complement it with the production volumes. then we can discuss the validity of the mickey mouse websites you replied with...

bjowett

Adventurer
Smattering - Superficial or piecemeal knowledge. Which is what I provided by posting those links.

Nice distraction by mentioning the Toyota ads, but they have nothing to do with the info posted. Next month they'll be Ford, or Chevy... or?

The only statistical proof is supplied by places like JD Power, Consumer Reports, etc. You know that, and I know that. Don't side step by trying to make it look like I came into this claiming I personally went out and counted up all the problems, then crunched the data myself, or have plans to. They do it, then they publish it. If you want to drop back there, we can bring up your DID make better comment. How do you know Toyota DID make better vehicles?.... They (JD) add up problems per 100 vehicles to figure reliability. When that is done, the most reliable large pick up is the 1st generation Tundra. Please don't ask me again for the numbers, I don't have them, never did, never will. Places like JD Power do, so if you are quite serious about this discussion, go spend some time actually reading at those links. You might even turn up a nice little rebuttle.... like the 2007 Tundra that was horrible for initial quality.

ignorant

Observer
repairs per thousand are generally closey guarded industry numbers. Depending on the company posting actual numbers can get you fired. Come on man... Thats industry propretary informantion.

El Guapo

Observer
more Toyota Kool Aid

"The only statistical proof is supplied by places like JD Power, Consumer Reports, etc. You know that, and I know that. Don't side step by trying to make it look like I came into this claiming I personally went out and counted up all the problems, then crunched the data myself, or have plans to. They do it, then they publish it." Then all your claims are based on hearsay, or not?- my friend, where i come from that and $0.25 gets you a cup of coffee....

"If you want to drop back there, we can bring up your DID make better comment. How do you know Toyota DID make better vehicles?.... "
I would if i could but as you state - I don't have the numbers- so i guess that makes us even in posting opinions and trying to make them pass as fact?..

"They (JD) add up problems per 100 vehicles to figure reliability. When that is done, the most reliable large pick up is the 1st generation Tundra. Please don't ask me again for the numbers, I don't have them, never did, never will. "
what happened to your statistically better claim then? 100 vehicles?

"Places like JD Power do, so if you are quite serious about this discussion, go spend some time actually reading at those links. " I actually did, and not surprisingly enough- the definition of the top achiever award recipient is he who collects more of the :"Among the best" marks. NOTE:It does NOT read THE BEST of them all. I wonder why that would be...gee- maybe perhaps due to, non statistical correlation? And for the record: i don't believe everything i read, especially on the internet....
"You might even turn up a nice little rebuttle.... like the 2007 Tundra that was horrible for initial quality." not really- as that would be simply an opinion w/o data basis....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1