Forester or Outback Action Shots

Applejack

Explorer
I am thinking of getting a Subaru Forester or an Outback as a DD vehicle and to get me and the family out for quick camping trips, and saving my Taco for more serious adventure/overland duty.
I would like to see some shots of those of you who's Suby's see dirt duty.
I'm no stranger to Subarus. My wife currently drives an '07 WRX and we have owned 4 other Subarus before. So I know a bit about them but not a whole lot about their off road abilities.

4x4mike

Adventurer
I don't have any shots but we've got an '05 FXT and we love it. Now with a baby it's a bit small so the 4runner get's used a bit more. There are a lot of pictures out there if you search google images.

shortbusadventure

Adventurer
My Old Outback

I've owned 7 Subaru's. Been a Subaru Mechanic, and miss having one at the moment.

My 07 Outback XT was really fun off-road. I put some caged, mudder shod, suv's to shame, climbing a muddy trail/hill in central Oregon this day. It was a few years ago. I recommend a stick, as the stock power split/transfer is best for off roading 50/50. I'm sure I could have got her stuck, but never got the chance.

Attachments

• fogparking.jpg
    fogparking.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 682
  • muddysuby.jpg
    muddysuby.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 685
  • muddyshasta.jpg
    muddyshasta.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 667

preacherman

Explorer
I don't have any pics but my wife drives a 09 Forrester and we LOVE IT! We got the 5 speed and its way fun to drive and fast. It's a really good light expo vehicle.

Applejack

Explorer
I've owned 7 Subaru's. Been a Subaru Mechanic, and miss having one at the moment.

My 07 Outback XT was really fun off-road. I put some caged, mudder shod, suv's to shame, climbing a muddy trail/hill in central Oregon this day. It was a few years ago. I recommend a stick, as the stock power split/transfer is best for off roading 50/50. I'm sure I could have got her stuck, but never got the chance.

Those are some great shots. Thanks for throwing those up. 'I'm definitely getting a manual, My Taco is an auto box a it works well for what the truck needs to do, but a car must have a stick. I like your wheels too, very rally-ish what kind are they?

compactcamping

Explorer
My current Subara is a '06 Outback Sport, 5spd, it's a great off-pavement exploring vehicle.

3931721520_05a8073979_m.jpg
3900587030_2f7842d2fb_m.jpg

3195642414_83e9d92fed_m.jpg
3195642928_0ba1211b6d_m.jpg

Last edited:

Ruffin' It

Explorer
I've been really wanting to see first hand what these things can do off road. I would love one for DD duty and light camping since my over-built, 14 MPG cruiser on 35's sort of sucks for my 100+ mile daily commute. If there is anyone in SoCal that wants to hit some trails, please let me know.

RAV4fun

Observer
DO IT!

You won't be sorry...my last Subi was an '06 Forester X. Totally bone stock and never had a problem getting where I wanted to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1