FS - 1993 FZJ80 Rock Truck - Hickory, NC

Wander

Expedition Leader
So they cut up that sweet 80 and made it into a caged crawler? I guess the roll over damage was extensive.

uzj100

Adventurer
Rolled on its side. The junkyard guys laughed when they came to pick it and said you will need a rollback or trailer and they started it up and drove it home. The junk yard guys mouth were on the floor. Thats a Land Cruiser for you.

SpeedAgent

Adventurer
Harnesses should never attach to the vehicle below shoulder height. In an accident it will compress your spine.

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
I don't have a rule book in front of me, but when I built my last race car, it was something like no greater than 1 inch below shoulder height for the shoulde harness.

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
Oh, and is it currently titled/licensed? I only ask because it makes it much easier to transfer.

Dave

poriggity

Explorer
Im still trying to figure out how this "buggy" can REALLY be made into an expedition vehicle. Doesn't really look possible.

haven

Expedition Leader
This chassis could be the foundation for a USA version of a camper like this:

soenke-outside-5.jpg

soenke-outside-2.jpg

soenke-outside-1.jpg

This vehicle uses a lengthened 80 series chassis and a modified cab and front clip from a 40 series truck. It was designed by forum member Soenke. Read about the truck here
http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20822

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1