FS: NJ 1993 FZJ80 mild camping build 178k

al415

Observer
Deposit Received.

Hello,
I'm offering my LC for sale as I've decided to go the pop up camper / pick up route for my long term travels. She has around 179k as of now and is my daily driver. She's taken me all over the north east (Bald Eagle, VT, Lake Placid etc) on camping and mountain biking trips. I also drive this truck into NYC once or twice a week. I wouldn't hesitate to drive her anywhere in the country, she runs cool and starts first time, every time.

I'll be updating this post with some better pictures over the next few days but I figured I should get going on the post as I've already found a Tundra I want. I bought her from the 3rd owner, who began to build the truck into his own adventure rig before his priorities changed.

The basics: OME springs, 35" BFG's, carpets removed and interior herculined (huskey mats), ARB front winch bumper, new in box winch included (never got around to installing), safari snorkel, Alpine head unit with Apple CarPlay integration (navigation, Spotify etc), all new speakers & wiring, full sized spare. Those are the highlights that I can think of. Spare set of OME shocks will go with her. No factory lockers.

The "bad": pin striping, the window / door sashes are disintegrating, AC blows cold but only for 20 minutes at a time; I suspect it's an insulation issue and I planned to address it this winter but only for my dog, the only rust that I've found is some small bubbling starting to show right below the rear wiper... that's all I can think of at present.

It's pouring today, but I'll get some more detailed pictures up on my next (dry) day off. I'm in Asbury Park NJ.

<shrug> about the sideways pictures guys... sorry. Posting from my phone and I'm not that smart to begin with

Attachments

• IMG_2842.jpg
    IMG_2842.jpg
    648 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_1762.jpg
    IMG_1762.jpg
    569.1 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_2789.jpg
    IMG_2789.jpg
    576.2 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_2758.jpg
    IMG_2758.jpg
    492.3 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

al415

Observer
Hi folks,
Lots of PM's telling me how "if only your truck was in <insert midwestern state of your choice>"

So I'll drop the price to $5.5k (I'll keep the winch). If it doesn't sell at that price I'll give the truck to my younger brother. It's an awful lot of truck for that money and I figure the savings can be put towards addressing the minor issues like ac and the passenger power window. I suspect the first person that comes and drives it will take it home.

Thanks all.

Last edited:

al415

Observer
Put the truck on my local c'list and now I'm living the hell of being trolled by guys sending me links to the KBB value of a 93 Landcruiser and offering me $2k &#128529;

AirForceOne

Mr. Bond
I'm interested in it (less the winch). Any electrical issues (power windows/locks/moonroof/seat)? If you can get some higher res pics, I can make you a real deal offer that I think you'll be pleased with.

al415

Observer
I'll try taking some better pics with the iPad later today. The electrics all work but have some quirks:

Seats: work fine, no issues.

Windows: All work but the front two can pop off their track or stick from time to time. My solution has been to never lower them all the way inside the door, so as to always have some glass to tug on when they decide to stick. I suspect popping the door cards off and lubricating the working parts would go a long way.
(Moonroof works fine I just never use it, no leaking)

Alarm: The alarm arms and disarms. However, the keyless does not unlock or lock the driver's door so I always use the key for that. I've never troubleshot the keyless as using the key never bothered me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1