FS: SPOT GPS Satellite Messenger

cruiserlarry

One Crazy FJ
Thanks to a special deal for current Spot subscribers (like me), I just got a new Spot 2 GPS messenger....so -

I have a SPOT GPS SATELLITE MESSENGER in virtually new condition, including the original user manual and box. This unit sold for $149.99 new (It's one year old this month), and are available for as low as $99.95 plus tax / shipping currently.

FIRST $75.00 CASH TAKES IT HOME
rocker.gif

spot_messenger.jpg

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Larry, im surprised you switched to the new one. They offered us that deal and i passed. They've had nothing but problems with the new units.

SoCal_80

Explorer
Larry, im surprised you switched to the new one. They offered us that deal and i passed. They've had nothing but problems with the new units.

Yep....I have heard and read the same thing although i thought they recalled the bad units and provided free replacements earlier this year.

cruiserlarry

One Crazy FJ

The initial batch had issues with the battery circuit in the unit. These units were removed from (authorized) retailers, and people who already had them were offered exchanges under a recall program. The unit I bought is post- recall, by serial number, and has had the issue corrected before release for sale. I know several folks with the new units, and know of no complaints, other than the long delay to replace the recalled units....I'll be running it next weekend, so I'll see if it has any problems...:Wow1:

voyageur

Adventurer
Help - Can't register your unit

Larry,

SPOT arrived today. Great packing job. Thanks...

Problem is, went to the website - followed the instructions. It said "Can't activate. This ESN is already registered to another user."

Please help me get this unit set-up.

Thanks...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1