GEN 2.5 Water Pump question

mk75

Adventurer
Does anyone have a part number for the bolt or more info "size and length on the bolt. I have a coolant leak that is slowly leaking coolant from the bolt on top of // See Pictures below...

Anyone know if the bolt is suppose to have a washer under the head of the bolt?
Are these know to strip out?
Any solutions ?

Dealer lists only water outlet fitting #4

Screenshot (7).jpg

Last edited:

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
take the bolt out, replace the crush washer with a new one (autozone or anyone), before you do it hit the surface of the thermostat housing with a block and some sand paper to make sure its flat and free from corrosion.

that bolt is your bleeder, it's how you bleed air out of the coolant system, so it gets opened and closed often. the crush washer will wear out with time, off the shelf crush washer is all you need, no OEM mitsu stuff, it wasnt made by mitsu in the first place, dont pay the mark up for a dealer item on an outsourced part.

mk75

Adventurer
IncorpoRatedX /// MANY MANY Thanks......

I'm building 2 Montero's at the same time. I went through my boxes of parts from the other montero. I pulled the water outlet fitting from the other montero. When I looked at the FSM it says nothing about a crush washer. Read the above post and sure as S_ _T there is a crush washer. I missed it under all the grime .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1