Gen 3 Introduction

Jaynen

Adventurer
Yeah there are those little mudflaps things on the rear wheel at least but I thought it looked like it might screw off

Bueller?

Yeah there are those little mudflaps things on the rear wheel at least but I thought it looked like it might screw off

Yeah it does look like that. I couldn't tell how much of the wheel well cover would have to be unscrewed and removed to find out. The sawzall was handy and took seconds.

cnutco

Adventurer
I am planning on removing my running boards too, but I am going to wait until I am ready for rock sliders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilkia

Where are you guys getting the OME lifts for the Gen 3s? I have an '02 that if I ever get the hell out of this eternal training, I want to make a little more capable. It has 265/75/16s now, but I want to go a little bigger. By the way for those of you that live in NM, you have some beautiful places around here. I only wish I had my Monty with me to travel a little further offroad than Ive been able. My wife decided she needed to keep it to travel with the dog, so Im stuck with her Suby. Not nearly as off-road capable as I would like.

Bueller?

I have priced them from Sierra Expeditions and Rocky Road and they seem to be comparable. I have read more positive recommendations for Sierra, for whatever that is worth. It also seems that shipping can take a few weeks with both vendors. I have not placed my order yet and am thinking I want to do the bumper and suspension at the same time.

Jaynen

Adventurer
Mine shipped very fast from Sierra and they answered all my questions multiple times a day via email

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Both Rocky Road and Sierra Expeditions buy their ARB products (and ARB distributed products such as the snorkels) from ARB USA in Washington. If ARB USA doesn't have it in stock then you'll have to wait for the next shipment that has them coming in.

cnutco

Adventurer
Same here, my local guy buys all his stuff from ARB USA. Next thing that I will be getting from them is LOCKERS!

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Having said that though, I've always had awesome customer service from Wil Kuhns (owner) at Sierra Expeditions. Never met the guy but he's always been good to me when I've bought stuff from them.

lilkia

All right I checked the Sierra Expeditions website, and couldnt find anything but snorkles for the 3rd Gen Montero. Are they just coils that you guys are buying? If so what are the part numbers.

cnutco

Adventurer
I need to call about their snorkels. I have not found one that is a direct match for a Gen 3 with the 3.8L engine. So far I will have to modify one for the 3.5L engine to fit mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaynen

Adventurer
All right I checked the Sierra Expeditions website, and couldnt find anything but snorkles for the 3rd Gen Montero. Are they just coils that you guys are buying? If so what are the part numbers.

Just email them, they responded to me and we had a back and forth conversation

this was my order (medium weight coils rear, light coils I think front since I am stock no bumper/winch)

Order Summary:

Product Qty Price Subtotal
OME Coil Spring (OME2914)

1 $167.38 $167.38
OME Nitrocharger Sport Struts (90006)

2 $146.07 $292.14
OME Coil Spring (OME2917)

1 $180.02 $180.02
OME Nitrocharger Sport Shocks (60019)

2 $104.18 $208.36

Forum statistics

Threads