Gladiator Pop-Up Pass Through Camper Build

Mules

It's always a bit scary eating a wild mushroom for the first timeo_O

Here are a couple of my favorites. A Lion's Maine and Chanterels.

IMG_5580.JPGIMG_4964.JPG

Mules

I was just thinking about one of the best hacks on my build.

If you own a pickup, you probably love a tailgate as much as I do. It's a work, kitchen, and dining table as well as a bench seat. Hell, Land Rover, Land Cruiser (some) and Wrangler owners have to add a fold down table since they don't have tailgates.

Only problem is, I completely hate kneeling on my tailgate to get in the bed or to jump up and sit on it.

If you own a pickup, you should consider getting a tailgate pad and/or carpet the tailgate. It is so nice to have this DIY tailgate pad.

It also helps when I need to crawl under the truck! My knees are getting old.

IMG_9948.JPGIMG_9949.JPG

Mules

The first picture looks like tumors removed from the body. Are you still alive? ;)
@ITTOG, if the Chicken of the Woods mushrooms grossed you out, how about these Coral Mushrooms I picked today. I just made Teriyaki Venison and Coral Mushrooms.

IMG_9952.jpg

ITTOG

@ITTOG, if the Chicken of the Woods mushrooms grossed you out, how about these Coral Mushrooms I picked today. I just made Teriyaki Venison and Coral Mushrooms.

View attachment 836353
Weird but not as bad. That looks a bit like noodles so stringy is not an issue. I don't mind mushrooms but I don't go looking for them so I am unfamiliar with how they look before cooking.

Mules

Built in or Portable Power?

Here's a 40% off deal on a larger portable Pecron Power Station / Solar Generator. It's about half the price of a comparable Jackery. I would buy this if I didn't have my smaller one. It's also expandable to 8,000 watts so it would be a good off the grid, or backup home solar generator.

For my camper, I like to use appliances that I can move to other vehicles or use at my home or cabin. Building in appliances is cool, but I wouldn't use them as much. When the power went out last year, I used my portable generators (solar & gas) and portable Fridge for a couple days.

What's your thoughts?

Screen Shot 2024-06-08 at 7.20.31 AM.png

IMG_8373.JPGIMG_8291.JPG

Last edited:

Dave in AZ

The e1500LFP is a newer, better design. Looked at both, the 1500 was the clear winner. Bought one, love it. Right now on sale for $699, plus coupons from jasonoid etc it is about $640.

Mules

The e1500LFP is a newer, better design. Looked at both, the 1500 was the clear winner. Bought one, love it. Right now on sale for $699, plus coupons from jasonoid etc it is about $640.
Great catch! Let us know if you hook up solar and what kind.

I really like how you can use the base unit for camping, and upgrade it to a larger capacity for home use.

Screen Shot 2024-06-09 at 6.35.49 AM.png

FAW3

Adventurer
I was just thinking about one of the best hacks on my build.

If you own a pickup, you probably love a tailgate as much as I do. It's a work, kitchen, and dining table as well as a bench seat. Hell, Land Rover, Land Cruiser (some) and Wrangler owners have to add a fold down table since they don't have tailgates.

Only problem is, I completely hate kneeling on my tailgate to get in the bed or to jump up and sit on it.

If you own a pickup, you should consider getting a tailgate pad and/or carpet the tailgate. It is so nice to have this DIY tailgate pad.

It also helps when I need to crawl under the truck! My knees are getting old.

View attachment 835848View attachment 835849
Back when I was "truck cap camping" in my Tacoma the tailgate surface indentions were killing my knees and causing spills when cooking.

I went on Amazon and ordered a big black plastic cutting board that I trimmed a bit and mounted to one half of the width of the tailgate with pop rivets. This provided a flat, easy to clean surface for a variety of chores.

On the other half I used a cut section of a rubber cushion pad as a butt/knee pad. Such a pad is comfy, easy to clean, multiuse, quick dry/won't hold water.

Mules

One of my favorite things about the build is that it is open to the cab of the truck. It essentially doubles the size of the Camper.

I can enter the camper from the doors of the cab or the tailgate. On rainy/muddy days, I enter from the cab and leave my muddy shoes on the Jeep Floor mats. It makes a nice foyer.

IMG_7373.JPGIMG_7380.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal