Good Luck Trying to Trade In Your ‘22-23 Tundra ☹️

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
It's also a sliver of folks that have problems vs the hundreds of them out there without problems....info via forums is always a very vocal group of folks with issues I've found. There been a few times I've chatted to seasoned folks in the "real world" and mentioned issues or concerns I've read about online and they said they've never heard of it, had an issue and never heard of the issue even though it's plastered all over the internet.

I also think some things gain momentum online that are in reality either not true or misconstrued. A good example is a tire that comes on KTM motorcycles stock, called the Dunlop AT81. When the tire first came out people loved it, KTM started putting it on the bikes from the factory, people started hating it and any/all new riders you talk to instantly say the tire is junk. It's just fine and works great IMO and is 100% fine for a newer rider. Word of mouth, folklore, rumor, etc. It's funny.
Totally agree with this statement. I do a lot of research before pulling the trigger on anything and wholeheartedly agree with this assessment.

The few having issues are the loudest and post about their experience on every forum / group etc...

Regarding the LC8 Cam issues on KTM's, I get the impression a few in the FB group aren't even having issues, they just join the group to keep tabs on things.

Then people say well the group has 7,000 members so there must be 7,000 people with failed cams. Let's storm KTM's headquarters!

I'm not on any Tundra forum's so can't comment if that's the same thing happening there.

Internet groups = everything is junk.

tumblr_b4596fc751ec2eb57d7d1a90ef250dbf_4769fc4a_500.gif

nickw

Adventurer
Totally agree with this statement. I do a lot of research before pulling the trigger on anything and wholeheartedly agree with this assessment.

The few having issues are the loudest and post about their experience on every forum / group etc...

Regarding the LC8 Cam issues on KTM's, I get the impression a few in the FB group aren't even having issues, they just join the group to keep tabs on things.

Then people say well the group has 7,000 members so there must be 7,000 people with failed cams. Let's storm KTM's headquarters!

I'm not on any Tundra forum's so can't comment if that's the same thing happening there.

Internet groups = everything is junk.

View attachment 840706
I remember when the KTM 500 EXCF's first came out - high performance race bike, won't hold up, delicate, unreliable and here we are 10+ years later and guys are riding them around the world. It's like people NEED to fill their lives with torment and anxiety - my person belief is in this insulated world we live in, no hardship or very little anymore, we are programmed to look for things and fix things that would be deadly 80+ years ago (war, famine, disease, etc) but we just don't have anymore so we self-inflict it.

Whenever I am out riding up in the mountains and I am cold, hot, turned around and start to feel a pang of anxiety being alone/exposed I just think back to those folks on the Oregon Trail...no camel backs, no water purifiers, no nice camper / house to come back to, no GPS, no Garmin In-Reach, no SAR, zero bail out options, .....suck it up and keep moving, everything will be just fine....got a bit off topic there.

FB is the worst - I'm part of a handful of moto/KTM groups and I try to be super helpful, I don't get emotional, I have a LOT of experience riding/working on these bikes and there are a LOT of drama queens on there.

Moyshe Kapoyer

Sad for sure! Toyota is going to lose a ton of $$$ on this (and the owners as well). And their rep is in the toilet.

A modest update of the 5.7L would have been much cheaper and much better received.

Had they offered the 5.7 with the new 10 speed, I would have bought that in a heart beat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal