Got a new to me van - GMC Savana AWD

Russmocksyou

Is that the $350 2-3" Boulder OffRoad Lift? How much did you pay for install? Just got a van and really appreciate the posts, your van looks sharp!

NYCO

Adventurer
Is that the $350 2-3" Boulder OffRoad Lift? How much did you pay for install? Just got a van and really appreciate the posts, your van looks sharp!
It is the Boulder Offroad lift and I had Chris at Colorado Camper vans install it. I forget the price though. I had the heater installed at the same time. I'm taking it up to the NW this week for a few weeks and hope to hit up Vancouver Island, Revelstoke, and Banff.
Aspen - IMG_1416.jpg

NYCO

Adventurer
Can you give us the name of the manufacture of the propane tank? I like It.... Thanks Mr.Natcho
Sorry, just got back. It's tucked up there pretty good but I can see that the tank says Manchester tank. My guess is it 10lbs, but I'm not sure. Heater did great in Canada. It got pretty cold some nights so I used it quite a bit. I topped off the tank after about a week and it was maybe half gone.

Accrete

Explorer
Is that the $350 2-3" Boulder OffRoad Lift? How much did you pay for install?...
That is the ~price I remember paying for our BOR "2" lift...which actually ended up being closer to "3". I had a local shop install mine, it took him a couple hours of labor. YMMV. We luv the lift on ours. Also allowed for larger tire size as NYCO stated. The van no longer looks like it has training-tires on : )

Thom

NYCO

Adventurer

Attachments

• 20151004_180118.jpg
    20151004_180118.jpg
    630.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

86cj

Explorer
Great pic's........................Glad to see the Van in action.

We have been using that same fridge for a few years, I thought it was to small but it can hold everything you need.........

Last edited:

martell06

Observer
Great van! I was impressed with those panels when GM first introduced them. Don't think they wowed the contractor crowd like GM hoped they look awesome for a campervan.

Sonone

Great looking van! With the the BOR leveling kit, did you also change out the shocks?
I have a 2004 Savanna 2500 2WD
Also, anyone out there able to find fender flares?

NYCO

Adventurer
Great looking van! With the the BOR leveling kit, did you also change out the shocks?
I have a 2004 Savanna 2500 2WD
Also, anyone out there able to find fender flares?
I did get new shocks when I had it done. When I bought the van it had about 140,000 miles on it and they were ready for a change. I got KYB shocks which I don't know much about, but they were a more affordable option as I already had spent some money on the heater, propane tank, lift, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1

Members online