GX470 question....Another question

i'm going to look at a few GX470's and have a question. One has navigation, but has about 10k less miles and they are asking about $1k more. The other one has no navigation. They are both the same year. I'm leaning towards less mileage, because I put a ton of miles on my vehicles. But what is your guys opinions?

Another question. Are the 2005 and newer worth the premium for the VVT V8's? They are running $3k+ with the same mileage.

Last edited:

Scat Adams

Observer
The navigation system in the GX470 is extremely slow and outdated, especially compared to modern phones. Another problem is that the nav screen also controls the heat and air making it impossible to swap in aftermarket headunits. I specifically searched for one without navigation to avoid those problems plus the Mark Levinson speakers are expensive to replace due to their different size. Also, 10k is really nothing for these trucks, I'd pocket the $1k it were me.

Good luck!

Scat Adams

Observer
If you search for a non nav 05 and up you may be able to get a good deal on it, most people want the bling factor associated with the screen. I had a few dealers tell me the non nav ones tended to stay on the lots longer than the others, albeit it seemed like 90% of the GX's for sale were equipped with nav. Also can be a good bargaining tool, "But my wife really wants the navigation..."

Cheers!

Baileyw7

I haven't used the nav one time in my car and it actually makes the Climate controls a little annoying when trying to quickly adjust.

mscuiletti

Observer
I have a 2003 without nav, and really I find myself only missing bluetooth. I plan on simply adding an aftermarket unit using something like this beatsonic kit . As far as the newer v8, I would have loved the extra power, but I got a great deal and only had 80k miles on the truck, so I jumped at it. I have other toys if I want to go fast, and I never tow. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design