GXV Global Traveler for Sale

Boerboel313

All-
We are selling our GXV Global Traveler to take on new adventures. We have loved the truck, and taken some great trips. Most recently the family (4 of us) traveled through CO-UT-WY-MT-ID-WA-OR-ID-WY-CO over 40 days on as much dirt as possible. Asking price is $165K, which will include new tires (currently ~50%)and AGM house batteries. Serious inquires are welcome.
The truck is currently in South East CO, but may be heading to the Northeast soon. The box is a 2012 GXV built on a very clean low mileage 1988 Mercedes 1017. I will add exact mileage to this post shortly, but its under 30K. I've had "Big Daddy" for a little over two years after purchasing nearly new through Global Expedition Vehicles, who offer great support if needed (thankfully we haven't needed much, other than figuring out how things worked). I've attached some pictures, and have more if anyone has any specific questions. Below is a list of specs. Most recently I added pyro/boost/volt/trans temp/trnsfr case temp/fuel1/fuel2/fuel3 gauges in a custom housing on the dash, upgraded to a high output alternator and installed a 24V-12V converter for in-cab 12V, and LED offroad lights. I also installed 1 and 2 layers of Dynamat behind the cab interior. The cab seats 2, and there are bench seats in the back with seat belts for 2 more. The kitchen table slides down for a second bed, and we have a removable bunk that quickly installs above it for a "cot" type 3rd bed. I typically get between 8-11 mpg, depending on where we are and how we are travelling. Range with full fuel is around 1500-2000 miles. Top speed is 62 mph, and it crawls well in low range. Full time all wheel drive, with locking rear and center diff. It does not have CIS, we use the truck air and a hose to pressure up or down as terrain requires. We have found the truck to be (surprisingly?) very drive-able with nice tight steering/tracking and easy shifting. It has been supremely reliable.
Thanks for looking,
Steve

Specs:
GLOBAL TRAVELER
BODY SPECIFICATIONS

• Width: 8’
• Length: 17’ 6”
• Int. Height: 6’ 6”
• Overall length 23.5'
• Height 12'9" (top of air conditioner on body)
• Integrated Entry Door w/ Window
• Doors include a 3 point lock system
• Seitz Dual-Pane Acrylic Windows - Qty. 5
• Dometic Skylights, Qty. 3
• Natura Opening Wall Panel
• Oversized Storage compartment accessible by 4'x4' doors on the left & right at the rear. Full 8’ width storage area
• Cab to cabin access
GALLEY/DINING
• Alder Wood
• Stainless Steel Sink
• Webasto Diesel Cook top
• 2 Drawer Stainless Steel Refrigerator/Freezer
• Slide-out Pantry
• Microwave/Convection Oven
• Dining Booth Converts to Aux Sleeping Area
BED AREA
• Premium Queen Mattress
WASH ROOM
• Wet Bath w/Stainless Steel Sink & Shower
• Thetford Cassette Toilet
• Teak Medicine Cabinet w/Mirror
• Teak Counter
ELECTRICAL
• Marine Grade Wiring & Components
• Controls for Systems Management & Monitoring
• Fischer Panda AGT-PV4000 - 4 kW Diesel Generator with Kubota EA-300 diesel marine engine and MPL sound shield (>50hrs of use)
• 12v with 120v Systems with Shore Power Connections
• 765 Ah AGM batteries
• Voltage Inverter: 120v
• Solar Panels: High Efficiency 180 Watt PV Module, Qty. 2
• Automatic Circuit Breakers for all 12v DC & AC Circuits
• Marine Grade Cabin Lighting, energy efficient LED
• Flexible Arm LED Reading Lights
• Wall mounted LCD HD TV with Powered Antenna
• Mobile TV/Video System: CD/ DVD/AM/FM,, SD Card, Mp3
• LED Exterior Work Lights - Right side, Qty. 2
HVAC
• Webasto EVO Air Heater with High Altitude Control
• Webasto Hydronic Thermo-90 Coolant Heater plumbed for hot water and to preheat engine
• 13,000 BTU Air Conditioner
• Fantastic Vent #6600 with Remote Control
WATER SUPPLY/PLUMBING
• 125 Gallon Fresh Water tank
• 32 Gallon Gray Water tank
• Stainless Steel Indel Marine hot water heater
• All plumbing is installed within the cabin envelope, so there is no exposure to outside temperature
• Water Filtration system
• Exterior Shower - Hot & Cold
CHASSIS
• ~30,000km (will update as soon as I can)
• Mercedes 1017 - 4x4
• Wheelbase: 143”
• GVW - 26,840
• Curb weight with fuel, water and gear- 24,500
• Diesel Capacity: 200 gallons
• Tires: Michelin XZL 365/85
R20 + Matching Spare (we can put 395R20s on it next, which will move top speed to about 65mph)
ENGINE
• 6 cylinder, type OM 352 A V, 364 cu, in., Turbocharged
• Horsepower: 168 @ 2800 RPM
• Diesel - High or Low Sulfur, Bio-diesel
TRANSMISSION / DRIVELINE
• Transmission - 5 speed
• Transfer Case: 2 Speed high-low, VG 500-3
• All wheel drive with locking center and rear differential
• Brakes: Hydraulic, dual circuit
Did I miss the price?

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
Vehicle was sold a couple of weeks ago, which you would have seen if you had read the thread.
Sorry, I just found your post funny.

Well, seller did not update the title or the first post as sold, which is a very nice thing to do. If you're in the market for a new rig and browsing lots and lots of ads, it's really a pain to have to read each ad word for word until you find out if it's actually still for sale. Been there a few times.

zip

I prefer social distancing.
Well, seller did not update the title or the first post as sold, which is a very nice thing to do. If you're in the market for a new rig and browsing lots and lots of ads, it's really a pain to have to read each ad word for word until you find out if it's actually still for sale. Been there a few times.

WD,
Yep, i concur, there was no SOLD edit on first post.
It took me about about 15 seconds to get to the 15th post where seller did say that it was sold. DSD's inquiry was 18th post.
If it was me looking to purchase, I would do a quick scroll through the thread before inquiring if vehicle was still for sale.
No big deal. I just found it funny.
Glad seller was able to make the sale, and hopefully DSD finds a vehicle to purchase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1