Haggis' Multi-Use Tundra Build

Clutch

<---Pass
100_3185.jpg

[/CENTER]

What is in the bag, golfclubs?

Clutch

<---Pass
Lol...no..no golf clubs for me...that's our easy-up canopy. The porches for the Maggie are just the right size to throw it up on and that makes more room under the cover.

LOL, I was teasing...still couldn't figure out what it was, maybe collapsable hand tools, EI shovel, axe, shuffle board...

The tan bag threw...now I see it looks just like my black EZ-UP bag...

Falkon

Adventurer
Hey Mark, I love your Tundra, it has been an inspiration! I am looking to replace my wheels and was looking at your specs and I noticed 4wheelparts.com lists the minimum wheel size for an 04-06 Tundra is 17". Did you have any issues clearing the calipers with the 16's? Do you happen to know the offset of the wheels you are running?

I am looking at some MT Classic II Blacks which are pretty similar to yours, I'd like to do 16" if possible. I am about to put on the Bilsteins up front at 2.5". Going to wait to seee how that looks and then do an AAL if needed.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Last edited:

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Hey Mark, I love your Tundra, it has been an inspiration!

Thanks, I kinda like it too. :ylsmoke:

I am looking to replace my wheels and was looking at your specs and I noticed 4wheelparts.com lists the minimum wheel size for an 04-06 Tundra is 17". Did you have any issues clearing the calipers with the 16's? Do you happen to know the offset of the wheels you are running?

Yeah, 4WP told me the same...:coffee:...Summit Racing was more than happy to sell me some rims. 16s fit fine over the calipers; the backspacing of the wheels is 4". I would not recommend the Eagle Alloys that I have by the way. The powdercoat on them is failing spectacularly...

I am looking at some MT Classic II Blacks which are pretty similar to yours, I'd like to do 16" if possible.

Yep, I looked at those and they were the ones I wanted but the 16x8 rims didn't come in the 4" BS but only in 4.5" BS at the time. I still think that they are unavailable in 4" BS but am not absolutely sure.

Falkon

Adventurer
Yeah, I kind of figured 4wp was just using some factory number or something. I hate that about your Eagles, they look so nice.

They have them in 3.625 bs now with -22 offset, I wonder if those would work.

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
You know that despite the title of this thread being “Multi-Use” I’ve never posted any pics of ol’ Fafhrd at work. Probably because that would be very, I don’t know, boring. But as I’ve been spending the last six weeks restoring a log home built in the 1850s and haven’t had time for an adventure, what the hell, I might as well show you-ins that this truck does work for a living. Here’s the truck after hauling my butt and all my gear back from the job way down by the West Virginia border… boy it’s good to be back home…

100_3417.jpg
Ooh…here’s a before and after shot of the house I restored…

Before…(though it was covered in three layers of siding, clapboards, asphalt and then aluminum)

100_3374.jpg

After…

100_3413.jpg

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
BTW, looks like Fafhrd is sportin' some new "feet" in his shoes?

Yep, brand new set of ProComp 7089 in flat black; 16x8, 4" BS. The Eagle Alloy rims were totally mucked up....the powder coat was coming off in big chunks and the aluminum underneath was pitted and scored from the harsh winters and road conditions. I thought about just painting them up, or having them re-powder coated again but every time I looked at them I got that ticked off, gotta tear something up feeling from my evil past. Then the heavens parted and I stumbled on a great deal on some new rims and solved my anger issues with an outlay of cash and not through a barbaric display of violence. I've been running a set of ProComps on the Mouser in the same conditions or worse for the past five years and they still look brand new so that is one of the reasons I switched. These new rims aren't exactly what I wanted but I couldn't pass up the deal on them.

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Beautiful! :sunflower

x2. You do nice work!

Mark, that house looks amazing! Nice work :ylsmoke:

Well thank you gentleman...it turned out pretty well for a 162 year old home. The house is all chestnut logs and it turned out nicely. The home owners are thrilled with the results and that makes a job well done even better. Heck my clients had the local newspaper there doing a story on the homes restoration.

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Fafhrd joins in the OTL/WTWBCRF Rally

The Clan and Fafhrd joined up with the renowned overlanders of the Appalachian Ridgerunners Supreme Expedition Squad for a weekend of fun and adventure. This one was of the waterborne variety and the weather was perfect. Here's' our set-up for the weekend&#8230;

100_3426_zps50047db6.jpg

And here's a few teaser pics of the river run&#8230;

102_3906_zps6bdfd909.jpg

What a awesometime with some great people!

Last edited:

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
I really like your set up. I am going this weekend to look at a pop up camper because we just would not fit in an autohome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1