Heavy Duty Rams of Overland Expo East

ramblinChet

One of the activities I enjoyed at Overland Expo East was walking through the camping area to check out all the HD Rams and talk with their owners regarding any modifications. The pictures below represent most of the HD Rams at the event and if you see one below that you own or know more about, please reference the vehicle, and share additional information.

Since I failed to take a picture of my own AEV Prospector while attending the expo, here is a picture from just a few days prior:

ALFA (ramblinChet)
image000000(2).jpg

BRAVO
image000000(78).jpg

CHARLIE (Global Expedition Vehicles)
image000000(79).jpg

DELTA
image000000(80).jpg

ECHO
image000000(81).jpg

FOXTROT (@NH Overland)
image000000(82).jpg

GOLF
image000000(83).jpg

HOTEL
image000000(84).jpg

INDIA
image000000(85).jpg

JULIETT
image000000(86).jpg

Last edited:

ITTOG

I think Charlie was my favorite but I would really like to see inside November.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
This is a new one for me (thx for posting).

I looked up the brand/model and can’t really figure out the benefit of this $2000 inflatable topper.

IMG_2245.jpeg

Initially it was exciting to think this was something you could keep flattened like a tonneau cover until you wanted to raise it up for camping use…but no, once installed it stays up!

So I have to admit that I really don’t get it…and wondered if perhaps AI wrote the promo material or if instead maybe it’s just me missing something in the translation.

IMG_2246.jpeg

So, what do any of you other guys see as a major benefit of going with this design?

Last edited:

chet6.7

Explorer
This is a new one for me (thx for posting).

I looked up the brand/model and can’t really figure out the benefit of this $2000 inflatable topper.

View attachment 801979

Initially it was exciting to think this was something you could keep flattened like a tonneau cover until you wanted to raise it up for camping use…but no, once installed it stays up!

So I have to admit that I really don’t get it…and wondered if perhaps AI wrote the promo material or if instead maybe it’s just me missing something in the translation.

View attachment 801980

So, what do any of you other guys see as a major benefit of going with this design?
Put it on when you need it, leave it in the bag when you don't. When I was younger I would put the shell on and take it off regularly, I am not young now, so I understand the convenience of this design for folks that occasionly need a shell. Is it better than a canvas topper for 1K? I don't know.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Foxtrot belongs to NH Overland. Great guy and makes some really cool stuff for our HD rams.

I really love/hate seeing all these rams with flatbeds and canopies. They look so amazing and the functionality is basically perfection. I wish they weren't so damned expensive.

I ditched my last RAM 3500 single cab build partially because the build costs (flatbed and camper most notably) were going to outweigh the value of the truck in the capacity that I had planned to use it.

pmankow

Look at all of that unnecessary structure for 'storage' which ironically takes up 50% or more of your natural storage space... Also, all that stuff that will just snap right off or snag...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh