help me hook up my truck bed for camping

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once
He did an excellent job with his camper build. I originally was going to do something along those lines with mine, but I/we need to be able to sit up inside and move around. Depending on how much room you have you can do what baja did, but if your wife has a bad back I don't think she will want to be crawling around inside the truck.

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
well i have little more clearance due to the size differences in the trucks and I have a higher raised roof camper on my truck. also i am not building mine to be identicle basically i am looking to do the wood work along the sides as bascally "chests". the center would only be raised about 9" just tall enough to store the mattress under the 9" raised platform for when not in use. when in use you would pull out the mattress put it on he platform. otherwise i will have a "lid that goesover the area where you would sleep.. i know sounds difficult but its really not.. hope you can understand my jibberish!

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
good to know. my best bet on dimensions is to wait untill i get home on leave and get the mattress then go from there.....

any other suggestions for me?

greentruck

Adventurer
We use Thermarest self-inflating mattresses for our sleeper. They're a little pricey, but way comfortable and stow away compactly quickly and easily.

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
what size did you get? im glad it turned out well for you. i think i may have to put in an order from there as well

mcgall83001

Curtains

This is not exactly a curtain but is cheap, easy, removable and will give you some privacy.

I've used the sticky paper you use to line the bottom of a drawer with. Just cut it to the shape of your window, apply, and smooth with a credit card. It will come right off after your trip.

To keep an eye on the kiddos just make a small hole near the top. They cant get up high enough to see in but you can get a good visual of what they are up to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1