High Mileage Gen II Xterra's and Frontiers

bijanjames

Adventurer
Ok folks, this might have been posted on here before, but I want to hear from you guys that are hitting the 150k plus mark on your trucks. Where are the issues? Have these issues arrived due to abuse, poor maintenance, or just inherent weaknesses in certain aspects of the vehicles design. Have your problems arisen due to modification, such as, lift kits, larger tires, electrical upgrades, etc...I love hearing stories of high mileage trucks that get used!

ryandavenport

Adventurer
Ok folks, this might have been posted on here before, but I want to hear from you guys that are hitting the 150k plus mark on your trucks. Where are the issues? Have these issues arrived due to abuse, poor maintenance, or just inherent weaknesses in certain aspects of the vehicles design. Have your problems arisen due to modification, such as, lift kits, larger tires, electrical upgrades, etc...I love hearing stories of high mileage trucks that get used!

I had 197k on my 2nd gen when I got rid of it. It was a good time for me to move up to something a little nicer, and a good market here to sell. I had one coil pack go out that caused a catalytic converter to die, but other than that, no issues over 150k. Mine was lifted multiple times so suspension components were always fairly new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bijanjames

Adventurer
I had 197k on my 2nd gen when I got rid of it. It was a good time for me to move up to something a little nicer, and a good market here to sell. I had one coil pack go out that caused a catalytic converter to die, but other than that, no issues over 150k. Mine was lifted multiple times so suspension components were always fairly new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback.

Ripper

Adventurer
Ive got 183k on mine. I am very faithful when it comes to maintenance. But some stuff has gone due to off road use, like the rear end. But most of it has just been wear and tear

fetus

Observer
170k on my Xterra. Just repaired one of the CATs (bank 2), steering pump, and EVAP control in tank. Replaced the shocks and did a AAL on the back. Been running Mobil 1, truck runs pretty good. Was looking to dump it but will drive it into the ground at this point.

bijanjames

Adventurer
170k on my Xterra. Just repaired one of the CATs (bank 2), steering pump, and EVAP control in tank. Replaced the shocks and did a AAL on the back. Been running Mobil 1, truck runs pretty good. Was looking to dump it but will drive it into the ground at this point.

Seems like the CATs are a common problem long term. All in all it looks like you've had a reliable truck so far.

DaHowie

One of the Powerblock guys has reported 240,000 on his '06 Frontier Off Road. they did a Fabtech 6" Drop Bracket lift w/ 35s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp