HMMWV double beadlocks wheels on a Ford Superduty

Bella PSD

Explorer
58146_118606978196664_100001420881657_145248_3534418_n.jpg

Test fit one of the HMMWV wheels with a BFG BAJA today. 3.5" backspace seems ok. Not sure how it will look with the cut out flares.

D

Deleted member 9101

The best part is I could now change out a bad tire with just a ratchet drive and a screw driver and have the run flat feature just in case.

I have done it many times, its in no way fun.... yeah..air tools are your friend...lol

Humvette

Adventurer
I have an H1 with 16.5 12 bolt steelies.

Note:
- It is important to buy extra bolts and seals (call a hummer fender RubberDuck4x4.com...)
- Make sure your 12 bolts are 6 and not 5 sided nuts.
- My first time i changed the tires i pinched a new gasket.
- 2 types of gaskets red and black. depends if it is army surplus or off an original H1. The fender will know i belive the HMMWV uses the red gaskets.

Bella PSD

Explorer
The HMMWV wheels are on my Superduty. The 37" BFG Baja tires were not going to fit without more than the 4" lift I have now. So I have started installing Bushwacker cut out flares. In these pictures the front fenders are already cut.

Ford_Wheels_on057.jpg

Ford_Wheels_on064-1.jpg

Ford_Wheels_on015.jpg

Ford_Wheels_on008-1.jpg

Ford_Wheels_on060-1.jpg

Ford_Wheels_on091-1.jpg

Ford_Wheels_on075.jpg

Last edited:

EXP-T100

Adventurer
Looks awesome and I love the two tone look. How do they do on the road at higher speeds? Did you use balancing beads to balance the tire?

Cody1771

Explorer
man those look great! the best part about the pressed centers, that even a properly licenced inspection facility has a hard time telling they are re centered, the rim stiffeners are a dead giveaway but you didnt go with those, looks nice! love the truck

teleturns

Adventurer
How do the tire and wheel combo ride?

Bella PSD

What did you use to balance your new wheel and tire combo? How does it ride?

Thanks
Tyler

teleturns

Adventurer
Problems????!!!!???

Please keep me updated because I just ordered wheels and tires from trailworthyfab............ they will be ready mid December

Let me know
Tyler

Dookey

Louie has been experiencing some wheel balance issues that was our fault. Originally we started making wheels a specific way that allowed our welders to install wheel shells incorrectly. We have had a couple wheels that were welded improperly and Louie has an early set of wheels that required some warranty work and we were happy to work with him to fix the problem.

Louie contacted me awhile ago and we replaced the wheel shell he was having problems with. Now we have to get it mounted up and figure out some tire balance issues. TrailWorthyFab is dedicated to our customers. I believe that our customers are what make us successful. I'm not going to lie and say we have never had problems, because we have in the past. The best we know to do is make it right. :cool: We try to learn from our mistakes and that's what helps us grow. We have taken the correct steps to insure that our future customers do not have the same problems.

Louie, Your pics are amazing and I really appreciate you taking the time to post them up. I'm thankful you have been willing to work with us and have allowed us to make it right with you. I'm always a phone call away and I'm here to help anybody with any questions you may have.

Thanks,
Andy
TWF = 316.337.5311

silvrzuki77

explorer
What was the out come of this Ive been thinking of doing his on mine but no 100% sure yet. Were you able to get the tire's and rims balanced?

TKSC01

Adventurer
For what ist is worth...IMHO

TWF is a great company, I have spoke to Andy regarding doing the exact same thing and the man knows his stuff. I have no doubt and feel very comfortable that this situation will be completely resolved. Truth is, in business stuff happens, it is not what happens but how you respond that makes the difference.

sniderexciderr

Observer
if you go with the hmmwv wheels i'd stay away from the runflats that come in them. they are super heavy (20 lbs each just a guess) and a pain if you do need to get them out. i just pulled some out the other day and it was a big job. i don't know how one is actually supposed to get them out but i used a ratchet strap to squish them down then a rope hanging from the celling around one side and jumped up and down on it till it popped out. took me about 3 hours to break down 2 wheels tires and pull the runflats out.

yes, good if you have to take it completely apart on the trail for some reason because you don't need any special equipment, but i'd deff go with the pvc inserts. just something to think about.

Bella PSD

Explorer
TWF is a great company, I have spoke to Andy regarding doing the exact same thing and the man knows his stuff. I have no doubt and feel very comfortable that this situation will be completely resolved. Truth is, in business stuff happens, it is not what happens but how you respond that makes the difference.

I agree. TWF have been working with me to get the rims/tires all balanced. The one beadlock shell was replaced and it helped. But I still have a bad shake at 40-45 MPH. I just have not had the time to get back at it. Plus the truck is now to big to get into the garage. So I need it to warm up. I have no doubt that TWF will be able to trouble shoot the rest of the problem. I can say that I have run the rims/tires up past 80mph a few times and they feel real good, just not so good at 40-45 :) I'll update as soon as I get back at it.

Last edited:

Bella PSD

Explorer
if you go with the hmmwv wheels i'd stay away from the runflats that come in them. they are super heavy (20 lbs each just a guess) and a pain if you do need to get them out. i just pulled some out the other day and it was a big job. i don't know how one is actually supposed to get them out but i used a ratchet strap to squish them down then a rope hanging from the celling around one side and jumped up and down on it till it popped out. took me about 3 hours to break down 2 wheels tires and pull the runflats out.

yes, good if you have to take it completely apart on the trail for some reason because you don't need any special equipment, but i'd deff go with the pvc inserts. just something to think about.

Absolutely! Plus the run flats will hinder the tires low or no PSI performance off road. The PVC inserts are the way to go plus they are lighter. I went from 160 to 130 lbs. total weight per tire and wheel.

And I used the ratchet strap method as well....what a pain to get the run flats out!

Louie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1