Honda Varadero?

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
I was checking out the Honda Veradero today at the local dealership. It looked like a great adventure bike, along the lines of a Beemer or KTM, but I have not seen mention of it here. Anyone have experiance with one?

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
Lost Canadian said:
I was checking out the Honda Veradero today at the local dealership. It looked like a great adventure bike, along the lines of a Beemer or KTM, but I have not seen mention of it here. Anyone have experiance with one?

From what I have read it is a good bike, but the Varadero isn't available in the States.

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
Well, after looking around some more I guess the bike is new to Canada. Honda just put up this mini site for the Varadero and CBF1000.

Wanderlusty

Explorer
I read recently that that bike was being offered in Canada now. I really wish/hope that means that it will end up in the states eventually. If I am not mistaken, the Kawasaki Versys debuted in Canada before the US.

Here's hoping it makes it's way south.

From what I read, it may not be a perfect bike, but better than a lot of offerings currently available for the kind of travel it seems most on this site want to do.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Oh yeah, for sure it's for sale here. And there are some AMAZING deals on leftover 08's. They aren't selling very well. It's a big bike, and it doesn't have the "expo cred" of a BMW or KTM. But I can think of nothing better to go to far away places than a Honda. Well, maybe a Yamaha. ;)

scarysharkface

Explorer
It's a *mature* design that weighs a good bit more than other brands' comparable bikes. Probably a fine road bike, but I'd hate to have to pick it up after spilling it in the gravel.

John

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
I'd hate to have to pick anything up over 400lbs. ;) You know, 550, 575, does it make a difference anymore? I don't understand that end of the market. :)

wesel123

Explorer
Holy cow did you read the contest they have going on the mini Varadero site. You have to actually be able to ride. You go to the dealer and do a number of exercises, how awesome it that!!!!!

I hope Honda brings all of there big dullies to the states. It would really give BMW a run for there money (And this is coming from a DIE hard beemer guy).

Transalp....Africa Twin...Varadero.....come on Honda lets bring um here!!!!

LimaMikeMike

Observer
I rode a varadero last year on a demo day, found it pretty ho-hum and top heavy. Same price more or less as a F800GS-12500$ (Varadero is 13100$ -big discounts they're selling slowly) and way less entertaining.

scarysharkface

Explorer
I'd hate to have to pick anything up over 400lbs. ;) You know, 550, 575, does it make a difference anymore? I don't understand that end of the market. :)

The way I ride, I've gotten to understand that end of the market (the picking it up part) all too well! :bike_rider:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal