HUMMER EV EarthCruiser

lanceatm

Founder and CEO of EarthCruiser
G`day All
Michelle and I drove the HUMMER EV EarthCruiser to Chicago Auto Show ( largest auto show in North America) from our manufacturing facility in Bend Oregon roughly 2200 miles. It is on the GMC stand.
The trip was drama free and very enjoyable, its fast quiet and insanely powerful. Next to zero wind noise.
We saw 10 deg (F) temps, closed Hi ways and snow storms, so far we the average has been around the 280-5 mile range. Meaning the camper is costing about 10-12 percent range in less than ideal temps, not bad. When I drive it back we can do back to back math and see where we end up.
IMG_4708.jpeg
IMG_4677.jpeg

EC HUMMER.jpegEARTHCRUISER GMC HUMMER EV.jpeg

Good job with the aero. I’d have to double check but it looks like your range drop was less than what TFL reported with their Lightning trip to AK with a 4WC.

Is there a reason you guys chose the Hummer over a Lightning platform? It’s pricey and not actually very popular. May be more so due to GM production. Lightnings are actually getting cheap, relatively…

Most of your builds are on medium duty chassis and EV selections in that category are growing but no 4WD systems to my knowledge. I’m noticing so many electric delivery trucks, buses, shuttles etc now. Are there more EV builds in the works?

Have a great show!

Jeremy P.

Adventurer
I appreciate that you drove it out instead of just having it shipped, it must have taken a bit of time cleaning it up for the show! I like how integrated it looks instead of looking like an add-on. I have a Rivian R1S reservation and have thought about how it would look to remove the rear roof glass and have a similar integrated pop top.

lucilius

Very nice EC. That color is fantastic. I don't know much about EV or other alternative to gas/diesel engines, like hydrogen power, but am intrigued by the potential. Do you have a decent estimate on the battery pack lifespan and battery replacement costs? Would the vehicle start and perform normally (range/speed/etc) if I left it parked (not camping and using systems, just parked), unplugged, outside in typical North America Rockies subfreezing temps, say avg 10F, for 4-5 days/nights? How long does it take to recharge the batteries from a ~25% charge in winter or whatever low charge level makes an EV owner start thinking "I'd better fill [charge] up"?

Umbrarian

Observer
Reactions: mog

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I thought the Hummer EV specifically has a sticker on it that says you CAN NOT mount a camper in the back?

-Dan
So do a lot of Tacoma;s, and ½ tons….. does not seem to slow people down…even when it should in some cases.. I actually kind of thought the gladiators did as well. Maybe that was the gen 1’s.

Steve_382

So do a lot of Tacoma;s, and ½ tons….. does not seem to slow people down…even when it should in some cases.. I actually kind of thought the gladiators did as well. Maybe that was the gen 1’s.
And, so do F350 Tremors.

1709648255977-png.822949

Umbrarian

Observer
Interesting, thanks. Any idea if GMC changed anything on the truck itself?

-Dan
No it was on display at GMC booth at Overland Mtn West and i only asked about availability which they said was years out since current production is sold out. I would ask EarthCruiser.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad

Members online