Hunter Build

jdholder

Explorer
On the trans cooler it looks like I can unbolt it move it up about a inch and gently re-bend the lines to accommodate the bumper. This sounds like a epic fail waiting to happen so I'm going to think this over for a few minutes...

I don't know why, but this made me chuckle! I think it's because it reminds me of me!!

Whenever I am tempted to "go the easy route," I always remember the saying, "Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough time to do it over again!"

Good looking truck!

ArmyRover

Adventurer
I think the deal was more than good enough for the minor mods I made to the grill and fenders. I could have left the fenders alone but it looked better trimmed. The grill had to be cut.

I moved the cooler up the inch and I'll have to do a better fix when the winch goes in but for now it's more than enough. Nothing broke or kinked off so epic fail averted lol. Here are a few pictures. As soon as my drill charges up since I can't find my corded dewalt I'll be adding the LR front light guards and the pro-comp lights. I needed to take a break though so the wife could go to the store and I could hang out with my daughter :D

Here's the pictures....

IMAG0269.jpg

IMAG0268.jpg

IMAG0265.jpg

ArmyRover

Adventurer
The grill had already been trimmed in the pics as there was no way in hell it was going back on without being cut.

I trimmed the fenders up a couple of inches on the forward corners shortly after the pics. Need to get my air compressor back from my Dad so I can use the air cut off to do a cleaner job of it.

My cordless drill is DOA, so the rest of the day ended up being a bit of a cleanup day and putting my rear seats back in finally.

David Harris

Expedition Leader
Looks good on there! I'm headed back out to Colorado permanently in July, but hopefully we can get together to wheel with the club before then!

David

ArmyRover

Adventurer
Here are a few better pictures of the truck outside for once....

IMAG0276.jpg

IMAG0274.jpg

Also does anyone know a source for the swivel recovery shackle that I have one of on the front.

d110pickup

SE Expedition Society
Here are a few better pictures of the truck outside for once....

Also does anyone know a source for the swivel recovery shackle that I have one of on the front.

That's an industrial lift shackle. They've been sold as recovery points for years and I can't say I've ever seen one fail but I'd certainly be careful using it for a recovery. And I'd never hook a kinetic rope to one; I'm sure they're not rated for a shock load.
That said; You can buy them from McMaster or other industrial supply houses.
BTW, I'm liking the RRC!
Mike

ArmyRover

Adventurer
Took a look at McMasters and didn't see anything like it. I'll have to do a bit more poking around on that site.

Thanks for the compliments guys, I'm pretty happy with how she is coming along.

ArmyRover

Adventurer
http://www.extreme4x4.co.uk/acatalo..._RANGE_ROVER_CLASSIC_FRONT_WINCH_BUMPERS.html

If I remember right, Scorpion Racing is now Extreme4x4, could order through them. (Nothing similiar a hook-up in the motorpool could provide?)

Pics look good, want to see in person as that's the bumper I was thinking about for my D2. -Mike

Cool thanks for the link Mike.

The bumper is pretty damn stout, the mount system is way over the top overkill, once completely bolted in the only way it's going anywhere is with the front section of your frame going with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1