Idaho August 2010

Airmonger

Adventurer
You drove right though my hometown of Lewiston, Idaho. I recognized the bride on the second photo in the 5ht page. Looks like you had an awesome trip and went to all the place I didn't get to go this year, congrats.

idaxj97

Adventurer
Very nice:clapsmile you went to places that ive never been to and ive lived in idaho my entire life. hope you enjoyed idaho you really pushed my buttens on getting out to some of these places. thanks again.

go4aryd

Adventurer
Nice trip.

I believe you are the first person I have ever heard of to drive the Black Rock Crossing into the Diamond A desert. I tried for several months to get BLM updates on it for a trip I did a couple years back. There was no one in the district office that had been that way. I can't carry enough fuel to drive there and NOT get through to Jarbidge without some logistics planning.

Great to know it is still passable. I will have to run it early next summer (already planning!).

idaxj97

Adventurer
Go4aryd if you do end up going on this trip post up me and my brother-in-law are wanting to do the same route

go4aryd

Adventurer
Just a general note of awareness for out-of-area folks interested in the vast Owyhee areas.

Over the last 3-4 years there have been several large farms of illegal growing found in various locations by law enforcement and DEA. All of them have been tied to activity and/or cartels south of the border. Please be careful if you heading out into these areas especially if you are planning on hiking away from your vehicle. Most areas found have been hard to get into with a vehicle or passes through private, usually gated lands. If you inadvertantly find an area get out ASAP. These folks have typically been armed with automatic assault weapons, so no guessing what can happen if you are discovered in no-mans-land.

I have never had a problem but there were three busts a year ago. Just be aware. The desert is a wonderfully solitary place but it can also be incredibly remote (which is why we all love it so much!).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1