Idaho August 2010

ginericLC

Adventurer
The second building you are calling a non-denomination church in Silver City is actually the school. It was just restored a few years ago. I've been to a lot of the places you were at, basically my back yard :)

bobDog

Expedition Leader
8-11 Wednesday 337 miles

Silver City Hotel

IMG_7219.jpg
this building still abandoned and where is it within 2 -3 miles.....outrageous place love to see some more pics of it!:coffeedrink:

bobDog

Expedition Leader
8-20 the home stretch

IMG_8179.jpg

SR 14 winds back & forth and up and down along the river. There are several small towns and we stopped at one for dinner. Kinda surfer joint. Food was good and the belly dancing was entertaining. By the time we left it was dark. We got back into Vancouver at about 10pm.

It was a great trip and I know I've missed some things in this report. Time and memory permitting I'll add them as they come up. In the mean time we're looking for ideas for the next trip.

Happy Trails

I don't know about others but I find the 'home stretch' super depressing cause no matter how good or how bad the trip was I want to stay not go home......maybe pack up things I like and put them into storage and sell everything else. I'm a wiener so I never do it.......geeeez! I am always looking at side roads....thinking hmmmmmmmmmmmm? How long would that take? but someones always saying o not now we need to home tomorrow!:Wow1:

bobDog

Expedition Leader
I don't know about others but I find the 'home stretch' super depressing cause no matter how good or how bad the trip was I want to stay not go home......maybe pack up things I like and put them into storage and sell everything else. I'm a wiener so I never do it.......geeeez! I am always looking at side roads....thinking hmmmmmmmmmmmm? How long would that take? but someones always saying o not now we need to home tomorrow!:Wow1:
OMG! that last post was the devils number! What will I do now.....o I know go on to 667....wow that was close! (shameless post expanding trick):coffeedrink:

Firebear MD718

Observer
SnowBear, thanks for the Overland, I have worked most of the these areas during my Wildland Fire Fighting life, and I can only tell you how to imagine taking a Type 4 Fire Engine into some of this area. Thanks again for showin this great unexplored area.
:ylsmoke::smiley_drive:

Cedo Nulli

Observer
AHHH, that post makes me miss Idaho so much. I was stationed out at Mountain Home until '09.

Saw some familiar places along your trek; wish I would have been able to get out a bit more when I was up there. Truely beautiful country.

flywgn

Explorer
Very nice account, SnowBear. Thanks for taking the time to post it. This is an incredible state with marvelous backcountry roads to follow.

Allen R

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Was your wife really there? You were really using a tripod and timer right? that blurry bath shot in the creek was just a camper to fool us. Not a single shot of the significant other.....geeeez.:sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1