Ideas for securing/attaching tools to F150 bed (inside)

stevo_pct

Does anyone know if there are aftermarket racks or attachment systems that fit inside the bed of a pickup (2019 F150 5.5' bed in my case) for attaching tools?

I have a set of MaxTraxs, shovel, axe, saw, etc. (the usual stuff) that I normally just keep loose in the bed, but it would be nice to get it secured and out of the way. I was thinking there must be attachments systems that would fit along the inside of the bed, either along the sides or the front of the bed against the cab.

FYI, I have a Diamondback cover, so that keeps thing secure (for the most part) from a theft standpoint - I'm just looking for something to secure the tools so they're out of the way and not sliding around. I know they sell tool bars that attach to the underside of the cover, so I can look there as well.

Anything ideas you have would be appreciated.

Thanks!

MG99

I’ve been considering these bedside racks from Builtright Industries, for my truck.
Here’s the link for Ford’s

I have been completely satisfied with the BuiltRight bedside racks in my 2014 F150. I have attached 5 lb LP tank, fire extinguisher, shovel, handle for floor jack, and strapped a toolbox against them (with cam strap and weight of box on bed floor) and had zero issues with them over many miles of washboard. Will buy again for my next truck.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I have been completely satisfied with the BuiltRight bedside racks in my 2014 F150. I have attached 5 lb LP tank, fire extinguisher, shovel, handle for floor jack, and strapped a toolbox against them (with cam strap and weight of box on bed floor) and had zero issues with them over many miles of washboard. Will buy again for my next truck.
When you are able to sneak away from manufacturing Latex or designing some architecture, would you be able to post a pic of that set up?

phsycle

Adventurer
The way Diamondback covers open up (hinged in the middle), would it make it difficult to access some of the mounting points? Unless you’re fairly tall, just reaching over the side is hard enough.
I’d maybe look at some sort of bed slide or drawer.

stevo_pct

The way Diamondback covers open up (hinged in the middle), would it make it difficult to access some of the mounting points? Unless you’re fairly tall, just reaching over the side is hard enough.
I’d maybe look at some sort of bed slide or drawer.

I'm tall so it wouldn't be a problem. Looks like these BuiltRight racks are exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh