Indonesia 4x4 Expedition

wahyubali

Today is the start of the expedition, but we still need to cross 650 km (450 km today, 200 km tomorrow, the rest part of the journey will be off-road) distance on road. I did not change my wheel and use my Toyo MT wheel, because most of the other participants use MT. The mission of this expedition not an off-road competition, but more of visiting remote areas, see the lives of the people there and provide social activities to them.
Below are some of the newest pictures of other participants' cars and our technical meeting:

28-1.jpg

29-1.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33-1.jpg

34.jpg

P.S.: @bullseye240, terima kasih untuk support semangatnya!

Attachments

• 28.JPG
    28.JPG
    777.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 29.JPG
    29.JPG
    890 KB · Views: 11

Viggen

Just here...
This is awesome. I drool over photos from the Borneo Equator Challenge and events like that. Bucket list: this is firmly on it. My grandmother and her family are Indonesian and I would love to see the country by 4x4. Whats with the fuel lines? Is that a daily occurrence?

KEEP THE PHOTOS COMING!

Ray Hyland

Expedition Leader
Your pictures Boleh!

I love the 6x6 Defender. I have seen some pics of one like this from the Malaysian Land Rover club, is this the same one, or is it an Indonesian truck?

Also very surprised that the Range Rover classic is the only truck that I can see running Simex Centepedes, I thought they would be the group's tire of choice.

Ray

wahyubali

@vigen, in Borneo, it's very often that there's problem with the distribution of the fuel. Sometimes, if the fuel comes late, a car that has waited for 4-5 hours could only fill up to 20 litres, sometimes if it's really 'critical' a car could only fill up to 5 litres. But there are still people who sell fuel for up to 3-5 times more than the price that's set by the government. Though not everyday, it's very often.

@rayhyland, the Land Rover 6x6 is Fran's from Pekanbaru, not from Malaysia.

From 2 days ago, I had problems to report because of the GSM line, but I tried to send emails from THURAYA satellite.\, which in this expedition, one expedition from THURAYA joined so as to help the expedition team to send reports. From 2 days ago (evening), we have entered remote areas and mobile phone no longer worked, I managed to up date by THURAYA satellite.

Below are some of the newest pictures:
35.jpg

58.jpg

Equator Monument
36.jpg

Lunch treat from one of the Borneo Off-road members who had his birthday. Thanks, sir!
37.jpg

Dinner, treat from Sin Tang City's head police. Thanks!
38.jpg

Head police Sin Tang's house, where we slept in on our first day. Thanks!
39.jpg

Briefing before the second day.
40.jpg

Queue because the bridge broke.
41.jpg

Lunch, treat from Kapuas Pulu's head police. Thanks!
42.jpg

Fuel ran out, but fortunately, we were helped by Putusibau's police who has provided fuel for the expedition team.
43.jpg

Souvenirs sold by Kayak women, I bougt some for my daughters: Dea and Sarah.
44.jpg

Some Kayak friends I gave Bibles to.
46.jpg

We arrived at 11 pm, and yet they still welcomed us their traditional ceremony! Unbelievable!
48.jpg

51.jpg

They served pork so as to welcome us.
50.jpg

Kayak's traditional meal. Made from glutinous rice, cooked inside bamboos.
53.jpg

Social helps for the Sadap Village.
56.jpg

57.jpg

r3run33

Adventurer
hello thanks for posting it has been many years from being in indo area.
be safe I know sometimes your work is not welcomed in some spots

Viggen

Just here...
Was this years color white for the vehicles? I have some photos of some in the past where they were all yellow. Keep em coming. Lets see some action shots

X-plorenow

Adventurer
This is awesome. I drool over photos from the Borneo Equator Challenge and events like that. Bucket list: this is firmly on it. My grandmother and her family are Indonesian and I would love to see the country by 4x4. Whats with the fuel lines? Is that a daily occurrence?

KEEP THE PHOTOS COMING!

Tom, why don't we take a trip over. I would love to go as well. :wings:

wahyubali

@rerun33, thank you for your attention!
@Viggen, yes indeed! Before it was only for Land Rovers and it had to be yellow. Now it's multi-brand but it must be white.

Sorry for the late update.
On 19th of March, we had our social activities until 11 PM. Even though we were really tired, we were really happy because we were able to help the local community. Many of the people had toothaches, but we weren't prepared for this. Hopefully, in the next expedition we could do more. From 20th of March, I 'split' with the other members as they went to an extreme off-road path, while I went to East Borneo to do a survey there and prepare for the next social activity on the next expedition. Today, the expedition team finished in Pontianak, rested for a while and got 3 cars repaired that would join to the trip to Balikpapan, East Borneo. We will hold our next expedition in East Borneo or Sulawesi (Celebes). Hopefully, the event will be hosted somewhere around May 2011, which is 2 more months from now on. Anyone interested in joining?
Here are some pictures:
63.jpg

65.jpg

68.jpg

69.jpg

66.jpg

71.jpg

72.jpg

73.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads