Introducing....

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
Thought Id make a little intro about me and my better half and what we travel with.

Ill also use this for my build thread.

Ive been trolling around here on and off for about a year I guess and finally decided to register. I dont have internet at home so usually Im just out and about somewhere. My name is Adam, Im 29, I live with my wife in a little village called pearl, ON. Halfway between Thunder bay and Nipigon on transcanada hwy 11-17. Im 5 min from a public boat launch on black bay, Lake Superior(cant complain about that haha)

As long as i can remember, Ive been outdoors'y suppose thats how we were brought up always camping/fishing/biking/snowmobiling/etc on weekends. As a youngster my dad (a minimalist of sorts) took us all over in his trusty 1986 f-150 2wd extended cab 8' box. First we had a hawk camper/topper made of lumber and the siding you would find on a camping RV. It was the type that bolted to the box rails but it was very tall and had a sleeping area over the cab, along with 2 cots that folded out of the sides, then the rear had a normal opening door or you coupld open the entire back up and prop it open.
After that came the big upgrade, a lightly used 1991 sunlight eagle 8' pop up. My dad bought that and planned a trip up to alaska/yukon/BC for him, my grandfather and myself for 6 weeks of the summer before I started highschool. Definately one of the best times of my life.

So fast forward to now... My wife and I have been on a very fast paced lifestyle not much time to enjoy much. We got married 2.5 yrs ago and went back to work the next day. So the main goal and focus has been work like crazy to pay off a mortgage in 3 years, get school finished asap and start enjoying life(finally)

Our main vehicle is an 04 Toyota Matrix XR 4wd. Its a great Do everything car and sees an average of around 75 000 km a year(we commute plus we love road trips haha)

And the project/adventure/backroad vehicle is this 1999 old style Chevrolet Silverado. It rocks the 6.5L TD/ NP4500 5spd/ NP243/ 14bolt full floater.

ForsaleSept09005.jpg

camp010051.jpg

Will post more tomorrow or the next :costumed-smiley-007

D

Deleted member 9101

I really like the front end up grade..looks much better.

Rot Box

Explorer
Welcome :bike_rider:

I love the HD wheels/KM2's they look great! You probably know but 99 was a great year for the 6.5 with all the best cooling updates. Although it is not as common on the later years you may want to look into the http://heathdiesel.com/T/Chevy-GM/Chevy-9601/PMD-Isolators/ the FSD cooler. I know mine had expensive headaches until I made something similar also I would carry an extra oil pressure switch and socket to remove it in the glovebox.

Can't wait to see how it turns out looking forward to updates!

Andrew

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1