Is Max Regen worth to be on all the time?

fredeharley8

It seems to reduce the life of brakes… I think brakes cause more than whatever you can generate.
Also frequent braking, I think cause more fuel consumption.
Correct me if I am wrong!!

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I don’t have 4xe, but based on other electric/hybrid knowledge, I would expect max regen to NOT use brakes as often. Am I misunderstanding something?

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Interestingly, this took me down a rabbit hole to another question:

It appears (based on YouTube videos) that the brake lights come on when you actually reach Max Regen. If this is the case, does it also trigger the trailer brakes and trailer lights? Any 4xe owners out there towing much?

PatriotX

The max regen will slow you down at about .25g rate, if more braking is needed, the friction brakes engage.

When you use the brake pedal, the first .25g of braking is the regen anyway.

I prefer max regen on in city driving, off on the highway

Mass_Mopar

Don't Litter
Max regen, all the time. It dumps energy that would otherwise be wasted back into the batteries and saves the brakes. It's a bit of a learning curve similar to 1-pedal driving.
It has no effect on our trailer brakes - the 4xe does not have an integrated trailer brake controller so our trailer brakes don't activate all all regardless of the braking the jeep does. The brake lights on the trailer light up like normal and can be lit depending on the level of deceleration the max regen and/or friction brakes are providing. If I installed a brake controller it would be interesting to find out, though I haven't heard of one compatible with the 4xe yet. As of right now, we don't see the need as the regen & brakes work so well slowing the vehicle I haven't missed the trailer brakes with this jeep yet...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal