ISO: Vehicle Transport Company - USA East Coast to Texas

Fredricksen

I dropped off my 1994 E350 Ambulance at a shop to get some work done on it a while ago.
Delays..Delays..Delays in getting it diagnosed/fixed.. (long story)

Meanwhile, I relocated to Texas a few months ago..but the truck still at shop.

Looking for recommendations on outfits that can transport it from NY to the TX(Houston area).

Spoken to a few places that turned out to do mostly regional routes, and got a bit of an education in hot-shotting and car hauling along the way.
(Next step is a broker)

It's been quite a while already waiting for it to be worked on, so I don't need concierge / express service.

Wondering if anyone has a service they've used to transport a vehicle from A to B, that was not a tow truck, and they were happy with.

Vehicle is about 10,000 lbs, rear box is about 84" wide.. run is about 1800 miles.

Looking for insight, suggestions.

Clymber

Adventurer
I have used Consumate Shipper out of RI a few times. Depending where you are on easy coast it can be pricey. For some reason the drivers dont like heading the NH,VT or ME. We did VT to NM a few times

Fredricksen

Thanks Clymber, I sent off a message to them. Let's see what happens..
it's the dilemma of doing it soon, before gas prices climb higher..or waiting, and paying more for fuel .. or just setting it on fire. :)

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
I have used Joan @ Eclipse Trucking 800 207 3012 for the last 15+ years for all my shipping needs. I average shipping 10-12+ vehicles every year.

She gives a quote that will git the vehicle moved. No upfront money like many brokers. Pay the shipper when vehicle arrives.

The vehicle shipping industry runs off of Central Dispatch on the web. I am a member of Central Dispatch and can post my own loads IF I want to. I can do the same thing Joan does IF I want to. Not worth my time and effort as she knows far better than I do who to use and who not to use. She might make $50+ on a transport she arranges. It's worth it to have her expertise to get a vehicle moved quickly at a reasonable price.

By the way she is not just a Broker as she drove trucks for years hauling vehicles.

She knows what she is doing!

Clymber

Adventurer
The other option would be hire a friend or someone just out of college to drive it out for you. Buy their return flight you pay for gas and say I will give you X for doing it

Fredricksen

Thanks vintageracer. I will reach out to her

Driving it the distance would not be a problem IF I had confidence the truck would make it..
(I'd do it myself, toss in some food, sleep in the back and it would be a relaxing few days..)

I originally dropped it off at a shop to find a fuel leak by the injection pump, and diagnose weird behavior when the O/D engages..
All I have gotten have been excuses as to when it will be done.

One breakdown along the way, and the service/road call would open a whole new can of worms with unknown costs.

My thought is to just get it to where I am located now, and deal with any issues here.
(IDI mechanics are not plentiful in that area of NY)

Fredricksen

UPDATE:
So after some unrealistic quotes, dead ends, and no call backs. I ended up calling "heavy haulers" out of Florida.

As soon as I sent back the paperwork, I had the vehicle to me in 4 days. NY to TX

Picked up Tuesday morning, Dropped off Friday morning.

Super easy process from start to finish.

For those that need a quote, Call Doug at 305-393-8830. https://www.heavyhaulers.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh