Jalopnik.com takes a Subaru Forester off-road

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
I can safely say I'm not impressed, not to the point as I say wow I can't believe it but for the simple fact that heck Yea! I knew it would be fine now if only LSD's were offered with the torque transfer system, time to call STI!!!! Subaru makes an awesome vehicle and I hope one day to own one. For the record I Like the older body style Forester better.

Aaron

offroadsubie

Observer
looks like they had fun, but I still hate the "new school" forester, thank god for my "classic" shoebox:victory:

img0097o.jpg

img0109a.jpg

img0115g.jpg

offroadsubie

Observer
mmmmhh, wait till they bring the diesel engine to north america, find a crashed diesel subaru and do a swap in my old school fozzie!:Wow1::drool: seriously if they finally bring the diesel forester, I might buy one but only if diesel otherwise I'll sadly have to quit subaru and upgrade to a 4x4.

Viggen

Just here...
They say that its going to happen, diesel power that is.

My Outback 5MT has the viscous center locking and limited slip in the rear and it really is pretty unstoppable. No Forester gets the LSD rear and Subaru has made it pretty rare offering it only in the 6 cyl Outbacks for the new models.

As for better approach angles, thatll never happen. Have to remember that the motor hangs over the front axles.

EMrider

Explorer
They say that its going to happen, diesel power that is.

My Outback 5MT has the viscous center locking and limited slip in the rear and it really is pretty unstoppable. No Forester gets the LSD rear and Subaru has made it pretty rare offering it only in the 6 cyl Outbacks for the new models.

As for better approach angles, thatll never happen. Have to remember that the motor hangs over the front axles.

Subaru has been talking about a potential 2010 intro for their diesel models for years. Note the date on that article was 2008. Reminds me of killer bees. Always over the horizon, but never quite here. Why is the big puzzle. I think demand for a diesel subaru would be very strong......but what do I know?
R

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1