James Baroud RTT's In Action!

Adventure: OffRoad

Guy that goes places and does things.
Yes that is the kit rolled up, below is the kit installed.

isothermic_zpsovnbovps.jpg

Any problems with condensation under the mattress or anywhere else? We had a little on the walls last time we were out in the cold, but a little time with the heater inside before packing it up dries it out just fine.

Dozer Dan

Observer
Could I ask if someone could measure the mounting plate with the bolts that slides in the channels please? Width of the plate and height with bolt in place would be great.
I'm still waiting for mine but in the mean time I've figured out that the standard mounting hardware won't work with my Front Runner load bars. So I'd like to fabricate some new mounting plates before I get the tent delivered.

gaap master

SE Expedition Society
Could I ask if someone could measure the mounting plate with the bolts that slides in the channels please? Width of the plate and height with bolt in place would be great.
I'm still waiting for mine but in the mean time I've figured out that the standard mounting hardware won't work with my Front Runner load bars. So I'd like to fabricate some new mounting plates before I get the tent delivered.

Are you using the FR tent mount kit? I installed a JB tent on my FR rack with the FR tent mount kit earlier this year, and I took the JB mounting hardware to a local machine shop to have them cut the brackets in half and cut down the length of the bolts. The hardware is designed to clamp around load bars, not attach through a single hole (like the FR tent mount kit is designed for).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joelbert

Adventurer
Are you asking for the measure of the hardware (plate w/ two fixed bolts) that slides into the channel?

If so, I can provide when I'm at home. I had to have wider brackets (distance between bolts/holes) made since my bars are oval vs round and the two bolts were not far enough apart.

For TracRac, I had the following attached fabricated. Thankfully, I have an engineering degree and a copy of AutoCad to send to the machine shop. While I ordered 12, I only ended up using 8 of them. View attachment TracRac_for_Baroud_new_brackets_only_8.pdf

Last edited:

Dozer Dan

Observer
I'm just using 3 Front Runner load bars, not a full roof rack. So I can't use their tent mounting kit.
The Front Runner slats are really wide so I'll need some wider brackets than the standard bracket what comes with the baroud.

@joelbert the drawing you have there is spot on! That's exactly what I need. Everything else I can measure myself.

thanks!

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
The new style clamps will fit cross bars up to 3 3/8" wide, not sure what the width of your Front Runner bars comes in at but I'm curious.

Dozer Dan

Observer
The front runner slats measure exactly 90x23mm so 3.54" wide. just just too big for the new brackets. And I'm happy in a way because I bought a length of stainless, threaded rod and some stainless electrodes.
I've extremely tightly mounted roof bars so I will make stepped brackets because the bolts would hit the roof otherwise. This isn't normal, bit of a special order :)

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
The front runner slats measure exactly 90x23mm so 3.54" wide. just just too big for the new brackets. And I'm happy in a way because I bought a length of stainless, threaded rod and some stainless electrodes.
I've extremely tightly mounted roof bars so I will make stepped brackets because the bolts would hit the roof otherwise. This isn't normal, bit of a special order :)

Sounds like a proper project! :) Please share some pics!

Flyer69

Observer
I have my JB Evasion Evo mounted on FR bars. I just bought some stainless bar stock from mcmaster carr and some SS carriage bolts and made my own, similar to the factory ones but bolt spacing to fit over the FR bars. Save yourself a lot of hassle and find a metal shop with a shear/punch, and have them tack weld the bolts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1