Jeep Gladiator Truck Overlander on 40 Inch Trail Grapplers

Jurfie

Adventurer
I like how they mounted the RTT low; I’ve never liked them up higher than the roofline. And on 40s, there will still be a decent amount of headroom underneath! :LOL: “Around $35k mark” in aftermarket parts, tho...:oops:

Already some solid builds and concept jeeps going on with the first releases, evo’s is no exception.

Really makes you question stepping up. Until you price everything together I’ll stick to the xj!

kdeleon

Observer
I like how they mounted the RTT low; I’ve never liked them up higher than the roofline. And on 40s, there will still be a decent amount of headroom underneath! “Around $35k mark” in aftermarket parts, tho...:oops:
I saw in youtube that they started with a sport, which totally makes sense. So overall it's just slightly more than the rubicon they say. Which got me excited. Of course once you factor the labor $$$ made me realize i am sticking with my JK haha.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

chet6.7

Explorer
Definitely not my kind of vehicle. Way to massive. Not much use in the forest.
It is almost like you didn't watch the video,just because you don't like it doesn't make it useless. I could use that rig in the desert as shown,in the forests of the Pac NW,on the beach,and I could roll over about any curb in NYC.
I like the Toyota 79 LC,we can't get it in the US,this Jeep is about as close as it gets so far. Ronny Dahl seems to get around Aus pretty well in a comparably sized vehicle.

Last edited:

chet6.7

Explorer
You got my point perfectly.
Useless everywhere except New York where there are curbs and egos to stroke.
It did well enough in the desert as shown,it will work on the beach ect. The reference to NYC was to put some humor in the post. Are you trolling?

billiebob

It did well enough in the desert as shown,it will work on the beach ect. The reference to NYC was to put some humor in the post. Are you trolling?
Definitely not trolling, my NYC comment in the 2nd post.... was the same.... humour. But I, as in me, I have zero use for anything like these marketing ploys with 40s. Look real close and critical at the fabricated welded components. They are so inferior to the factory stamped components. I swear after 5 years of real world off roading, they will fall apart. They are built for guys with egos. You want your JT to last 300K miles? Leave it stock. You want performance..... buy a Trophy Truck PreRunner.

Definitely not trolling, my NYC comment in the 2nd post.... was the same.... humour. But I, as in me, I have zero use for anything like these marketing ploys with 40s. Look real close and critical at the fabricated welded components. They are so inferior to the factory stamped components. I swear after 5 years of real world off roading, they will fall apart. They are built for guys with egos. You want your JT to last 300K miles? Leave it stock. You want performance..... buy a Trophy Truck PreRunner.

Get it with POS build kits, but Evo tends to be pretty solid...

Good bud got a JK on 37’s with mostly Evo and similar components and they are beefier than stock. We’ve broken stock welds and components on stock tires. Even recall seeing recall issues on improper welds for the JL trackbar brackets. Doesn’t make me put my full faith in stock parts being better than those Evo used. With a proper fabricator it will be heavier duty. 100% bolt on “for looks” < Stock everyday.

billiebob

got a JK on 37’s with mostly Evo
Agreed, the stock parts are built for stock tires........... hence I've removed the lift from my TJR and I run 33s on an AEV HighLine..... but completely stock suspension and driveline. After 45 years of wheeling, my first "car" was an M38 while still in school, I've learnt, the factory does it all way better than the after market. Most mods just end up breaking something, leading to more mods.... it is endless, especially if you jump to 40s. And I drive my TJR 24K miles a year. I need reliability. I've never broken down off road. If I see something like that JT Evo on 40s...... I go a different direction cuz eventually he's gonna be broke down. And I hate having to help idiots with egos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh