JK Lift: AEV 2.5 and Correction Brackets, 35x11.5

jadmt

ignore button user
Update: The AEV 2.5 lift is on the JK. Have the Rancho correction brackets. Torque Sealed all bolts so I can keep an eye on everything. We've done several trips with the stock JK size tires and everything rides fantastic.

Today a set of 35x11.5R17 Toyo AT3s are going on the stock rims. We'll see if there is any rubbing on the street and/or on the trail. If there is some minor rubbing, we'll but on some 1/4" or 1/2" spacers. If that does clear the rubbing or drop it down to acceptable levels, we'll look at new rims. Likely the beadlock AEV Bora.
I know where you can get a good deal on the Borah beadlock rings if you are looking to go actual bead locks....the one place you need to be careful is the rear upper swaybar links they could get close to your tire on hard flex.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
@jadmt was correct. The 35x11.5R17 Toyo AT3s did indeed rub ever so slightly. On this particular JK, it was the front swaybar. Rear seemed to have plenty of room. We installed the 12mm spacers and everything seems clear the normal items. Misses the frame by a few milimeters at full turn/stuff, but misses.

However, as AEV warned in the instructions, you do have to trim the OEM Hardrock rockrail. It misses during any normal street or easy trail work, but it can hit at full hard stuff in the rear. We'll end up trimming it an 1".

Will continue to update the thread as more data is gathered.

Oh, I have to say, the Toyo AT3 seems to be the perfect overland tire. Not an AT, not an MT. The hybrid style is as smooth as any AT I've ever tried, but seems to have much more bite in the dirt than most ATs. The Tire review can be separate thread

Josh00333

I really liked my AT3's.

Just went with the new AT Wildpeaks as the 35x11.5r17's were in stock vs the AT3's.

For the thread, probably not helpful, but on a Gladiator 35's with the 2.5" kit fit perfect with no rubbing at full lock, flexed on standard fenders (not Rubi, you could do 37's w high fenders).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk