K-Trail & Wolf Pen Gap - OK/AR - 3/25/11-3/27/11

anw7405

Observer
would I be able to get a copy of this map as well. Some friends and I are going on the K trail this weekend and this info would be very helpful. Thanks in advance. I love that you drove a Tahoe on 33's through it. It gives me peace of mind since I will be taking a suburban on 33's very similar to yours.

anw7405

Observer
CRAP!! Does everybody agree that the only entrance (from the west) to the K trail is the Clayton trail? There looks to be a couple of entrances to the K trail south of the clayton trail. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

TheThom

Adventurer
Looks like fun. I did a lot growing up in Arkansas 30 miles from the OK border (we played Mena, AR in football). This time of year, that area is awesome. (just don't get shot by hunters).

anw7405

Observer
Just FYI for anybody going on the K-trial soon, the wildwood ark entrance near clayton lake state park is closed. Closed meaning there is a huge wash out at least 5ft deep just past the high line wires. There was a trail that forked to the left that we did not try. We decided to take a go at the clayton trail entrance and as far as we could tell it was somewhat passable. We made it a few miles up that and decided against completely totaling my vehicle. You will need a serious, no where near stock vehicle, to make it through what I seen. Beautiful scenery though.

waterboy222

Adventurer
Is the clayton trail a real paint destroyer? I went YEARS ago (back in college) and I remember thinking that anything with halfway decent paint wouldn't survive the trail because of the branches..

anw7405

Observer
Not where I went but I cant speak for very much of it. I am going back sometime and starting at indian hwy and heading east on K. From what I heard that part is pretty easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1