Latest Photo?

Ghostdog

Observer
Thanks. It's the 2.5" OME for now. Heavy springs. OME shocks and steering stabilizer.
Hey Soaz, your build looks awesome but maybe that's just because that's what the build for my 80 looks like. In my head.

Question for you: where are you stashing the spare? inside?

Dusty-NZ

Observer
Landcruiser in NZ

Hi guys , I joined the forum because I saw the truck camper section , then , wow..... an off road bit too :)

I have had 2 cruisers before the truck camper , which were SO much fun , so I share them with you.

1978 BJ40, Japan assembled , came via Aussie where the Gleeson diffs and power steer were fitted , plus other stuff .

This truck was a huge amount of fun and I learned lots about 4x4 with it . The only club available at the time was a Landrover club, so we joined that , what a controversy that caused , "a jap truck in the Landrover club !!" LOL , little did they know :)

2qkplbb.jpg

2m3o1h3.jpg

After the family grew, I needed more space , so I got an old FJ55 wagon , it had been properly abused by ALL the previous owners and was very rough. I first fitted later model diffs , just to get it on the road , then more stuff as the yrs went on.

s4me5x.jpg

I'm going to put a few more pics in the Australia / New Zealand thread over the next week or so.

Regards

edit; more pics here http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...outh-Island-New-Zealand?p=1379436#post1379436

Last edited:

Dusty-NZ

Observer
Thanks for the nice comment 1911, Your FJ is stunning .

The pig is straight (though that didn't last) it just has several large non-factory drain holes :)

The BJ40 is really the gem, it was 3yrs old when I bought it and had 53K kms , I did lots of waxing on top and undersealing on bottom to prevent it rusting , and in 10yrs and 280K of every weekend off roading , it never changed its looks .

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Hey Soaz, your build looks awesome but maybe that's just because that's what the build for my 80 looks like. In my head.

Question for you: where are you stashing the spare? inside?

Thanks. That is the current problem. The 35" spare will fit in the factory spot in a pinch, but it will rub on the track bar. Right now it's inside until I either build or buy a rear bumper. The plan is to build one similar to the one I built for my 4runner except it will also need to hold the tire. Tire + fold down table + 2 can storage should be good.
So far so good. The bed platform is done. IMG_20130623_141904_683.jpg

HDJ80 in the Sahara desert

Hi everybody

As a long time reader of this forum, I wanted to share some photos with you. This is our HDJ-80 (1993) that we use to lead some of our expeditions in Europe / Russia / Iceland and Northern Africa. These shots where taken during some trips in Libya, in the deserts of Awbari, Acacus and Murzuk (all tree in the big Sahara), before revolution occured in Libya. One of the most incredible place on Earth. So intense moments spent there...
hope you like these photos.
All the best
Nico

HDJ-GEKO Lib08 2pet.jpgMurzuk convoi P1000838 cor1000.jpgAkakus vent convoi DSC_3260.jpgBivouac seul ubari.jpgLIBYE+078-1000.jpgLIBYE+2008+093 vert.jpgUbari descente dune DSC_3993-800.jpgMaghidet 4x4 DSC_3191-1000.jpgMaghidet convoi1 DSC_3204-800.jpgLIBYE plateau cockpit+113-800.jpg

Last edited:
Camping on the California coast in the Los Padres National Forest over the holiday weekend. We drove down via South Coast Ridge Road (dirt) and explored some of the side trails as well. It seemed like the main trails had seen a grader earlier in the season, but the trail to Alder Camp certainly hadn't, and there were some major ruts to navigate.

IMG_0286.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1