Lets see your full size Chevy!!!

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
Posted other times, but I had a Chevy that never took me anywhere. However, it was pretty yard art until I traded it away. I waited about 2 years saving money from Montero parts sales to buy this truck. I paid off the $1800 back fees ( :Wow1: ) my buddy owed in addition to a reduced price. I had high hopes of beating the Cali smog system with the 6.2l diesel conversion. I now wished it remained a 454 gasser because I could have worked on it. Traded for an enclosed trailer, sold trailer, bought Ramcharger. All was good then. I still liked this Chevy, though. Shucks!

P4190068-1 (2).jpg

BlueCoyote

Observer
BlueCoyote
Nice looking Crewcab.
what part of Oregon?

Eugene area

Brought home a moss covered Bigfoot last weekend for the build. While loaded all wrong, yet drove smooth and straight.
pe9utate.jpg

Camper got scrubbed and bleached. Should be water tight again this weekend. Bed gets shortened, 2.5" lift goes under, as well. Seller delivered the 465/205 combo as well.

tip

Adventurer
Why oh why did you sell that nice 2 door to get a Jeep? :D I've got both: a 95 2 door and a 97 Wrangler. I'm thinking of selling the Wrangler and use those funds to spruce up the 2 door.

I find myself leaving the Jeep at home more and more. It just can't compare to the power, comfort, and cargo-carrying capacity of the 2 door.

I am still kicking myself... totally agree on all your points. I thought I would like the Jeep better... but didn't think I'd be getting pretty much the same mileage with a 6 cylinder.

arveetek

Adventurer
I am still kicking myself... totally agree on all your points. I thought I would like the Jeep better... but didn't think I'd be getting pretty much the same mileage with a 6 cylinder.

Just be glad you didn't get a 4 cylinder! My poor little Jeep can't even make it up a mild grade without downshifting and losing power. However, I can load that same Jeep onto a trailer, hitch it to the back of my Tahoe, and go up the same grade in overdrive while gaining speed!

Casey

FjFairlady

Observer
1985 Chevy

This Chevy was originally a two wheel dually. I swapped in Dana 60 and Cummins 12valve with NV4500 and NP205. 40 inch tires.

Attachments

• May pics 2010 085.jpg
    May pics 2010 085.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 43
  • P1010020.jpg
    P1010020.jpg
    532.5 KB · Views: 46
  • P1010014.jpg
    P1010014.jpg
    535 KB · Views: 50

Forum statistics

Threads