Let's See Your Isuzu!

justbecause

perpetually lost
This is my latest Trooper at purchase a few months ago. I haven't done much to it yet, mostly just swapped in OME929 coils and 1" spacers for the 912s and 2" spacers it came with.

IMGP0626.jpg

IMGP0625.jpg

I will be adding 5.38 gears and ARB lockers front and rear, 35" tires, Warn M8000 winch, and other various details over the next few months, whenever I feel like working in a unheated garage here in Minnesota.

who made that rear bumper?
what have you done to the front end to match it to the 929s?

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
I believe it was made by "onebadtrooper" over on Planet Isuzoo, years ago.

I haven't changed the front spring rate...yet. I do have some Independent4x torsion bars on hand but haven't installed them yet. New shocks worked wonders, just put on OME Nitrochargers to replace the decade-old Ranchos.

Last edited:

outofrshell

Adventurer
1989 Trooper 2.8 V6 5speed- Lockers-Revolution gear set-HD torsion bars-custom bumpers & sliders and a lot of other stuff that you think you need

reran

Here's my recently completed 89 Trooper 3.1L turbo diesel conversion with Aisin auto trans, OME leafs & shocks, Sway-a-way HD torsion bars, DOR front bumper and BF Goodrich KM2. Took it out, 600 miles, on it's maiden voyage to Uwharrie National Forest without any major issues a couple weeks ago.

stioc

Expedition Leader
@bigswede (before the 35"), @outofrshell, @reran - what size tires are/were you guys running?

outofrshell

Adventurer
When we bought this Trooper it had P235X75X15s I'm now running 31X10.50X15s and that is about all the power the 2.8 has. Dave

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
Picked this up a few months ago, haven't done anything to it yet but got big plans. Will post some pics soon of the new roof rack and snorkel going on, also going to rhino the rocker panels.

Ever get those pics uploaded? Link/thread? thanks!

TacomaZach

My trooper is the white one. The tanish trooper is MediaMonkey's from planetiszoo

troopers resize.jpg

Yeah I was stuck in this one haha
Stuck resized.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh