jerdog53

Explorer
How about this?

8F6E2985-C40B-4502-88BD-C682C1EF3DB9_zpstqwdbygi.jpg

That works!!!

I like it! I like it a lot!!!

Presto88

Adventurer
You know, there is just something about those white steel wheels that I really, really like! I'm not sure what it is, maybe the simplicity of it? It just looks....right somehow.

Fargo

Adventurer
You know, there is just something about those white steel wheels that I really, really like! I'm not sure what it is, maybe the simplicity of it? It just looks....right somehow.

Its how they work with the top. The wheels alone on a stock jeep would not look right. But with that top they contribute to kind of a military vibe it has going on. I agree, I love the steel wheels on that Jeep. I've never liked them on others, but with his setup everything looks just right. Simply beautiful.

borison

Adventurer
It's got an old rover vibe going from that angle. That's a great looking jeep. I've always like white steelies.

ihmagellan

Just returned from Maine to Indiana with our new-to-us LJ. It's an '05 Rubicon 6-speed that crossed over 50k miles on the trip home. Body & interior are in excellent condition. Right now it's sitting on a 4" Teraflex lift with long lower arms only. It has a 9,000 lb Warn winch, onboard air (unidentified 12V system), nice front winch bumper, poorly built rear bumper with tire carrier, and a full complement of belly protection. Short-term plan is to identify and iron out any issues. The lift was done in '05 so it will definitely get new springs & shocks (probably 3" OME) and possibly return to stock length control arms. Longer term it's getting built into something that my wife and I can take 1k+ miles cross-country and camp out of anywhere we want. Exact configuration is in the planning stages and will probably happen in a couple phases. I'll start a plan/build thread shortly to get input.

20151022_182835.jpg

Reboot11133

Observer
Having fun in Moab

Had the time of my life...Can't wait to go back!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    550.2 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    551.1 KB · Views: 39

OLRubicon

Just returned from Maine to Indiana with our new-to-us LJ. It's an '05 Rubicon 6-speed that crossed over 50k miles on the trip home. Body & interior are in excellent condition. Right now it's sitting on a 4" Teraflex lift with long lower arms only. It has a 9,000 lb Warn winch, onboard air (unidentified 12V system), nice front winch bumper, poorly built rear bumper with tire carrier, and a full complement of belly protection. Short-term plan is to identify and iron out any issues. The lift was done in '05 so it will definitely get new springs & shocks (probably 3" OME) and possibly return to stock length control arms. Longer term it's getting built into something that my wife and I can take 1k+ miles cross-country and camp out of anywhere we want. Exact configuration is in the planning stages and will probably happen in a couple phases. I'll start a plan/build thread shortly to get input.

View attachment 310820

Very nice LJ. It will make a very fun travel vehicle for you and your wife. Good luck and enjoy the build!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1