Lighting and Accesory Options for Hannibal Rack

Riflman

Observer
if you need pics of how i had the hella FF300s mounted on the hannibal just let me know and i can post what i have. my truck is in the shop right now, so i wont be able to tank any more angles than the ones i already have until after it is returned.

Hey thought would be so great. Thanks. I'm thinking of running too because I'm in the bush in the dark quite a bit and for backing up or setting things up it's so nice. Plus I think it looks better. :sombrero: I thought about running two light force like I have up front so that if I was ever being chased by the cops, I could just hit the rear lights and they would end up hitting the ditch...even during the day.... LOL! But then, they would find me. My truck is unmistakable. I once pulled into a farm driveway while scouting some hunting areas and getting permission. I just turned around and didn't go in. About two months later the RCMP called me up and asked me what I was doing out there. Seems some break ins were happening. People reported it as a black "hummer-looking thing." They ended up tracking me down!! That was a LONG way from home and in the middle of NOWHERE! LOL

So yeah, just flood lights on the back so I can turn around. Maybe a backup camera so I don't keep thinking I'm going to squash the vehicle behind me and then have to repark because I'm actually like 10 feet away. :smiley_drive:

stolenheron

Explorer
well the hella work lamp in the rear as well as my FF300s helped me greatly in getting out of a potentially deadly situation last summer. I was in Tuskegee National Forest, stumbled upon a drug deal. I left my hellas/high beams on as i passed the camp ground, the guys couldnt see me. as soon as i passed, they gave chase in their cars. they got right up on my rear bumper going over 30+ on a pothole filled dirt road (terrible driving conditions). said ******* it, i hit the rear work lamp, the first car hit a pot hole and swerved. the second car kept following me but gave distance. it gave me enough time to grab my shotgun, turn around and point it out the window. They saw the mossberg gleaming and left quite quickly without a peep.

back to the hellas...this is what pics i have currently, i'll get detailed pics of how the wires are run as soon as i get my truck back from the shop.

IMG_3646.jpg

IMG_3647.jpg

IMG_3649.jpg

IMG_3653.jpg

IMG_3660.jpg

i know they aren't detailed but you can see how i have the FF300's mounting brackets mounted behind the front rail. all wiring for the rear work lamp is ziptied to the passenger side frame of the hannibal rack.

Riflman

Observer
well the hella work lamp in the rear as well as my FF300s helped me greatly in getting out of a potentially deadly situation last summer. I was in Tuskegee National Forest, stumbled upon a drug deal. I left my hellas/high beams on as i passed the camp ground, the guys couldnt see me. as soon as i passed, they gave chase in their cars. they got right up on my rear bumper going over 30+ on a pothole filled dirt road (terrible driving conditions). said ******* it, i hit the rear work lamp, the first car hit a pot hole and swerved. the second car kept following me but gave distance. it gave me enough time to grab my shotgun, turn around and point it out the window. They saw the mossberg gleaming and left quite quickly without a peep.

back to the hellas...this is what pics i have currently, i'll get detailed pics of how the wires are run as soon as i get my truck back from the shop.

IMG_3646.jpg

IMG_3647.jpg

IMG_3649.jpg

IMG_3653.jpg

IMG_3660.jpg

i know they aren't detailed but you can see how i have the FF300's mounting brackets mounted behind the front rail. all wiring for the rear work lamp is ziptied to the passenger side frame of the hannibal rack.

Ok. That looks FANTASTIC. I'm excited now. I really like the way you mounted the light. Next I want to see how you mounted your shotgun. :) Yes please on the wiring pics. I'll be adding a snorkel this spring but will likely be running some wires out the rear on one side and through the floor. I'd really like to run some kind of quick disconnect. I can't fit my Rover in the garage with the rack on, so I take it off in winter. With the tires aired down to like 7 pounds and the rack off, I can just squeeze into my heated garage to work on it. So being able to unplug the electrical for the rack would be a HUGE benefit.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
I want to order one of these. Do you run the one with or without negative block? I THINK I understand the difference, but I'm not sure I understand WHY one would choose one or the other. I'm going to use the rear fog switch for my rear lights, but I need something to run the sides and underbody. I need that fuse box ASAP. I sent a picture of my wiring under the hood to Mike at Hellroaring and his response was something like, "Good Lord!!" Lol

I would go without the negative block. I think it's only for fiberglass boats, because you can't chassis ground. On the truck, it's not needed. IIRC, mine has the fuse block, but only because that's what was available locally.

Riflman

Observer
I would go without the negative block. I think it's only for fiberglass boats, because you can't chassis ground. On the truck, it's not needed. IIRC, mine has the fuse block, but only because that's what was available locally.

Right now, all of my accessories like lights, CB, etc are run direct to the batteries with inline fuses on the power wires. If I ran the fuse block, where would I run the negatives to? One of the reasons for adding the fuse block, would be to clean up all the connections. Also, what size of wire are you running from your battery to the fuse box?

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Sorry, I was tired. That should have read I *wouldn't* go with the negative block. It's not needed. You just ground it normally. I can't remember what wire I used, I think it might have been 10ga.

stolenheron

Explorer
haha haven't mounted the shotgun yet. i'll get you pics when i can. i can take pics of all the visible wires but i can tell you that the wires were run down the passenger A-pillar and into the passenger fender and they pop out an existing hole next to the battery tray. we just wired in the hella harnesses that came with the kit including the inline fuse and i used the cheapo hella switch buttons in the interior. i hope to swap them out for a rocker panel when i add more electronic equipment down the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1