Little Guy

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
JK is gone, Chris. It was sad.

But the PW is awesome. I think I'll forgive myself...

PWLG007.jpg

The Power Wagon is hella awesome. I got a chance to check out the trailer and the truck today at 4WP, and they both have some major drool factor. The trailer is pretty darn spiffy if it werent for those few things mentioned by Bill. The wood work is awesome. Just needs a few tweaks. The truck.... The truck is a beast.

~ Stump

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
They need names.

Mirtes suggested "Thor" for the truck, like the Norse god. Which would make the trailer "Mjöllnir", Thor's hammer.

BCHauler

Adventurer
They need names.

Mirtes suggested "Thor" for the truck, like the Norse god. Which would make the trailer "Mjöllnir", Thor's hammer.

Perfect name choices.

It's just me, but being chrome-adverse, what about bedlinering the grill and bumper black?

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Thanks to Martyn's coaching, the awning is finally on. Came out great.
I didn't mount the leg-holders to the body yet though.

Did all that great lighting get traded in with the JK, or did you strip it out and return to stock?
All gone with the trade.
I still have the HIDs on a shelf though; I'll figure out a place to mount them eventually.

Perfect name choices.

It's just me, but being chrome-adverse, what about bedlinering the grill and bumper black?
I've got my eye on some aluminum bumpers eventually. Have to let the bank account recover for a while first.
A fellow forum member has a 3500 diesel and is going to experiment with painting the grill; I might do the same if it comes out okay.

Chrome itself doesn't offend me.
Adding chrome does... :ylsmoke:

Paladin

Banned
Nice truck Bill. Does the grille still go up with the hood on that one? If so, I might have engineered the steel grille support bracket on that thing.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
No, just the hood goes up.
I think the grills guillotined too many people and they simplified things.

Wish it was easier to access the headlights now. You have to go in through the wheel well and remove the entire assembly.

Paladin

Banned
They probably did it because the engineering behind the grill swinging up was an absolute NIGHTMARE. Not that it was complicated.... just trying to get the shut-lines to be right.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I didn't know the Clifford reference and had to google it...

I think I'll stick with the Norse mythology. I found a nice sticker for the back of the trailer:

It takes a Viking to
raze a village.

someday

Adventurer
hi hilldweller,

I have been following your post for a while. But I think I missed what Chris (Little guy) is doing about all your issues? At one point you mentioned that he should just rebuild it all together?

By the way, the Thor and Mjollnir look sick! :drool:

:coffeedrink:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
hi hilldweller,

I have been following your post for a while. But I think I missed what Chris (Little guy) is doing about all your issues?
He's ignoring them and not replying to my email.

Makes you appreciate the business ethic of a guy like Martyn and the corporate culture of Adventure Trailers that much more.
I was swayed by pricepoint ---- thought I did the homework.
I think that 99% of the problem was their not knowing the offroad market and the concomitant problems that arise from not planning things out in detail. Chris probably feels that they did a good enough job for the price and is feeling hurt by my comments.
I'm addressing the flaws as necessary but Chris still owes me a tent, whereabouts unknown...

By the way, the Thor and Mjollnir look sick! :drool:

:coffeedrink:
Thanks.
Aside from being hard to park the dang thing, I really like this truck.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp