LJ_24 100 series build thread

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
As for air cleaners, I'd stick with OEM Toyota. If you want to add filtration, maybe see about a pre-cleaner snorkel head or a Unifilter in-snorkel filter...maybe Wil at Sierra Expeditions still has a few.

-H-

LJ_24

Adventurer
Up next on the install list:bike_rider:

Black LX470 wheels!

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    850.8 KB · Views: 48

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Got rid of the GTO headlight covers and got clear corners, looks better?

First thought in my mind when I saw the truck pic was "Gross light covers". Looks 100% better. Nice truck! My favorite color for the hundy.

LJ_24

Adventurer
I feel like I have multiple ongoing projects with this truck...currently have a modular roof rack build and a drawer build. Roof rack is getting pc'd! But the drawers I got a start on today
I have been sketching diagrams and calculated the proper dimensions for each wood piece...went to home depot, got them cut from 1.125" thick tongue and groove board. When making sketches and diagrams, measure and remeasure constantly! The more planning you have, the less you have to throw materials on the ground later on haha

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1387.jpg

LJ_24

Adventurer
Almost done! Just need to cover up the sides, got templates traced out from cardboard and drew them onto the wood. Also made templates for the main drawer face so it follows the countours of the 100 series' bottom tailgate panels.The blade on my jigsaw is dull so I can't finish them tonight. Drawer is covered up in the subwoofer carpet, what do you guys think so far? I did not feel the need to cover the entire drawer setup with carpet...only the parts that are going to be exposed

What stores sell polythylene? I'd rather not order online and play the waiting game!

More suggestions welcome and needed;)

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

Future location for two 8" JL audio W3's. I could have had a triple box made, but I want to see how good two 8's are first.

IMG_1405.jpg

I thought this was a good spot for the amplifier
IMG_1403.jpg

Tight tolerances and proper planning led to a snug fit. The plastic trim helps keep the subwoofer box surround in place.
IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

NorCalLC

Adventurer
It's coming together nicely, keep up the good work. I need to work my old 10" bazooka into my storage setup, hindsite is always 20/20.

LJ_24

Adventurer
It's coming together nicely, keep up the good work. I need to work my old 10" bazooka into my storage setup, hindsite is always 20/20.

make one drawer longer than the other then make the rear part of the shorter drawer a sub box, perfect:victory:

LJ_24

Adventurer
Basically I got these hella 700's for free using my tire rebate:wings:

HID conversion for each lamp is coming soon

Also got around to getting rid of that hazy trim! Now blacked out trim :D
attachment.php

LJ_24

Adventurer
loving the Toyota logo on the front grill...always looks better than the sombrero:sombrero:

Too bad the TOYOTA badge barely shows now cos of the HELLA lights haha I think the hella covers need some kind of toyota or TRD or even TEQ on them!

Got it: 4 lights=4 different logos!

TRD, TEQ, OME and not sure about the fourth yet lol

LJ_24

Adventurer
Added my new LED kit:D

It had 3x 48SMD LED panels in the middle and one in the rear but took out 3 of them because it was just too bright! lol The pictures show two of the domes in action!
IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1652.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1636.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1