Load Space/Cargo Space Liner, Protector, Cover LR4

bri

Adventurer
I have seen posts about some really decent seat covers for LR4 on this site.

What about load space liners? I am going to be looking for something to protect from dirt and water in general and specifically dog hair. What I have been able to find via web search seem pretty light weight.

XJLI

Adventurer
the cargo area behind the back seats? I use a Mexican blanket for my dog, nothing works better. Any "smooth" liner like a weathertech isn't going to hold/trap hair. Just shake it out after every trip and throw it in the wash after it a while. I have weathertech mats in all 3 rows but I don't like that material for the cargo area.

bri

Adventurer
Yeah. That is not going to cut it for me. I want the whole thing lined. It will still get a blanket.

I did find this thread.

2.ooohhh

In the D1 I just pulled the whole rear carpet and cut a rubber stall mat to shape to replace it and the existing failed padding. Quieted down the interior, holds heavy items still when lashed down, and throw a moving blanket over it and its pet friendly as well.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/utility-rubber-mat-black-4-ft-x-3-ft-x--frac12-in

120360-add060fa351da284e2fb7b1087a59cbc.jpg

Last edited:

bri

Adventurer
I did similar in D1 but used tie down hole to attach MDF cut to form, then glued outdoors carput to it. I does to back of front seats as rear are removed. The space beneath it behind rear seat gets high lift jack and spare axles.

Not gonna do that on LR4.

catmann

I have had two of these and they work great. Very similar to the camo one pictured above but it's just black and it does not have seams for the third row seats, which for me is better as piles of dog hair would just find it way in all those crevices.

They make a standard cover which extends up to the bottom of where the loadspace cover jut-outs are and to the top of the 2nd row seats (like the camo picture) and also a full cover that goes up and over the side cubbies in the far rear all the way to the rear quarter glass and then all the way to the first row with the 2nd row folded flat (full complete coverage).

LR4 Custom Car Covers

Standard
022-land-rover-lr4-bl-1000x1000-5_500x.jpg

Complete

063LL_Detail_3_3afc8486-d152-4ce4-8ddb-347de6560e02_400x.JPG

bri

Adventurer
Yep, I went for the NA Custom covers. I agree about the hair getting through the cracks. Also I want to avoid hooks directly to the carpet, it will end up fraying it. I will have holes cut for the tie downs.

NorthwestDriver

I’ve got an OEM cargo load tray. It’s like the mat, but goes up all sides 3” and is made of a heavy duty plastic so it is water tight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design