Looking at a new Dodge, help me decide!!! (Power Wagon vs Cummins)

2500 Power Wagon or 3500 Cummins

• Power Wagon

Votes: 50 44.2%
  • Cummins

Votes: 43 38.1%
  • buy several tons of bacon!!!!

Votes: 20 17.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
I voted for bacon. That's what I can afford presently. I don't like either of the new Dodge truck, just too much angularity.

Some have compared the GVW of the Power Wagon and the diesel. Remember, you been asked to compare a gas 3/4-ton to a diesel 1-ton. This is not a direct comparison and the PO must weigh a lighter truck versus a heavier truck for capabilities. This is a compare and contrast exercise.

Now, back to my old Ramcharger...and bacon!

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Mineral grey is my favorite color for a truck. I'm sure you will be very happy with your PW. Remember post up a bunch of pics, or the photo police will come looking for you!

Now excuse me, I got some bacon to fry up...:coffeedrink:

87GMCJimmy

Adventurer
It's picture time!!! Here's it before it was mine (had just gotten back from the test drive, hadn't been detailed yet (was absolutely filthy inside for some reason, dirtiest new car interior I've ever seen, covered in dust!!! They detailed the heck outta it though, and it looks great now!!!):

photo-19_zps9becf5ed.jpg

Note: it is a Power Wagon ST so, the only PW badging is across the tailgate. (and oddly it has the 2500 door badges, most seem not to but it, and the other one they had on the lot both had them!)

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Mineral grey is my favorite color for a truck. I'm sure you will be very happy with your PW. Remember post up a bunch of pics, or the photo police will come looking for you!

Now excuse me, I got some bacon to fry up...:coffeedrink:

Hey?:Wow1:Who said anything about photo police?:violent-smiley-031::hehe::jump::punk03::REOutShootinghunter:ar15::26_7_2::pROFSheriffHL:

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Congrats on the PW!

If you'd like to get plenty of info on your new purchase, come on over to the Winch Mob's home. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/index.php

I missed this prior to your deciding to buy one. While I highly recommend the PW, they are indeed a pig on fuel. There were comments made about going larger on tire to improve MPG, it's not true. The wider, taller, and heavier tire E rated tire required for a PW most assuredly doesn't help on the economy. You can get by with a D rated if you don't tow or load up the truck with stuff like I have Cactus Red. At 8000 lbs and a 4500 lb trailer, the D rated BFG KM2 35/12.5-17 tires had too much squirm for my tastes. When aired down, they also were too soft in the side wall.

If you use the truck for it's intended purpose, and air down tires to the mid teens for traction in mud or snow, figure MPG around 6 to 8 MPG. General trail rides at 25 PSI net me about 8 to 9, the daily drive nets 11.5 MPG.

jasonL_031

Adventurer
it really comes down to to what you will use it for ive had both a 07 power wagon and loved it but since i towed more then i didnt i went with a diesel i wish i still had the power wagon time to time but i love the power and economy of the diesel.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
it really comes down to to what you will use it for ive had both a 07 power wagon and loved it but since i towed more then i didnt i went with a diesel i wish i still had the power wagon time to time but i love the power and economy of the diesel.

Look back a page... He bought a sweet PW! But I agree about the diesel:elkgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1