Looky what I spotted on the highway near Reno, NV!

Poorboyota26

Adventurer
2x :drool:

District 9 mmmm.

461UpArmouredHilux5finGB.jpg

I thought the one's in District 9 were Nissans?

I would rather they be Tacoma/Hilux cause they are the stuff!

Poorboyota26

Adventurer
The ones on the trailer may have been mining trucks? Just a thought.

no no no you will ruine it for us all!!!! They are top secret military trucks that will be released in the us in 2011! complete with machine gun mounts, armor, and a bidet in the back seat. :sombrero:

Hilux_Max

Adventurer
It's funny you bring that up! I happen to be one of very few people who have been inside that complex and among even fewer who have been in the owner's house. Very cool place with very tight security!

I have seen the Navy Seals and special forces trainers around town in Fallon with machine guns mounted on various pickup trucks including Tundras.

Gun mount in the middle of the roll bar? vvvvvvvvvv
l_f4d3dfb0e517489e80e0763dd1c54331.jpg

Looking at that tailgate, on the bottom rhs theres a badge there that says "VIGO", which is what they call them in thailand/asia.....pretty sure everywhere else they are called hilux.

Id say they are also left hand drive which benefits you guys but theres a good chance that its only the 2.5 litre d4d engine since these are more popular in the asian "vigo's" than the "hilux's" which run the 3 litre d4d engine.

dont be surprised if these pop up at a 4x4 show somewhere for toyota to gauge public opinion bout bringing them in to replace the tacoma rather than make a new tacoma model.....

vehicle in picture is an sr5 spec so it'll have ADD front diff fitted which the lower spec SR doesnt get.

also these dont come out with black steel wheels, i reckon they've just slapped them on for transportation and will replace them when they get to their destination.

just my 2 cents worth.

corax

Explorer
Looking at that tailgate, on the bottom rhs theres a badge there that says "VIGO", which is what they call them in thailand/asia.....pretty sure everywhere else they are called hilux.

But it still says HILUX on the upper RHS of the tailgate . . .

Crikeymike

Adventurer
They are most likely vehicles that were imported to be armored here, and then shipped back overseas. It happens all the time. Since there are 3 identical, then there's probably a larger fleet of them that have been built down in that area.

Rare for a Hilux to be used for mining, as they don't have a great payload capacity. The other guy was right about the 75/79 series trucks though.

ywen

Explorer
What do the mining companies do with the 70-series LCs after done with it?

What kind of exception is this? the fact that mining companies are allowed to import vehicles to the US not approved as road legal

MotoDave

Explorer
What do the mining companies do with the 70-series LCs after done with it?

What kind of exception is this? the fact that mining companies are allowed to import vehicles to the US not approved as road legal

I think they're used only on the mine property, not on road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1