low profile overland camper trailer that fits inside garage

sam sf

Hi everyone, so excited to share my prototype off-grid camper trailer with the overland community.

This might look like a similar compact camper trailer but is designed from the ground up in northern California, offering another expedition camper option to consider.

It is totally compact in size but with maximum capacity, with enough water(40gal)/electricity(2kwh)/freezer-fridge(75L) to last over a week while off-grid.

It has a low profile along with a lower center of gravity than any other similar camper, it is highly roll-over resistant at the trail under sane speed.

It has the smallest footprint compared to other similar-looking camper trailers, which meant you can easily fit this camper trailer into a garage for storage in the off-season.

check out the multi-room configuration: you can have a master bedroom isolated away from the noisy living/kitchen/kid's room, plus the RTT is NOT like 8 feet way up there in the air ;)

PSX_20221104_223929.jpgPSX_20221104_221342.jpgPSX_20221104_221203.jpgPSX_20221104_221548.jpgPSX_20221104_222238.jpgPSX_20221104_222035.jpgPSX_20221104_222346.jpg

sam sf

it's one-off and custom-built for the trailer, there are other awnings with side walls, but I haven't seen anyone coming up with windows and a detachable floor.

the detachable floor is important to me because there are plenty of bugs coming up from underground too

Louisd75

Adventurer
it's one-off and custom-built for the trailer, there are other awnings with side walls, but I haven't seen anyone coming up with windows and a detachable floor.

the detachable floor is important to me because there are plenty of bugs coming up from underground too

CVT used to sell an awning room with a floor that attached to their awning. To be honest, the floor is a pain to take on/off, so it usually stays on. It does add a considerable amount of weight to the awning as well, especially considering it's only 6x6. Also, it's better at keeping dirt out than bugs. The bugs will just come through the openings on the trailer side of the awning, the ones that are a pain to seal up effectively (ask me how I know...)

One other thing about the floor is that it's good for keeping moisture out. It's also good for when a mouse gets in (via the aformentioned trailer side openings) and chews a hole in the bottom of your camping toilet, dumping the liquid contents of said camping toilet onto your sealed floor. The liquid will stay there nicely until morning when the first person (my wife, in this instance) steps out in socks and finds the mess :)

So, floors have some definite downsides (and this is from someone who camps pretty much 4 seasons in the PNW)

sam sf

CVT used to sell an awning room with a floor that attached to their awning. To be honest, the floor is a pain to take on/off, so it usually stays on. It does add a considerable amount of weight to the awning as well, especially considering it's only 6x6. Also, it's better at keeping dirt out than bugs. The bugs will just come through the openings on the trailer side of the awning, the ones that are a pain to seal up effectively (ask me how I know...)

One other thing about the floor is that it's good for keeping moisture out. It's also good for when a mouse gets in (via the aformentioned trailer side openings) and chews a hole in the bottom of your camping toilet, dumping the liquid contents of said camping toilet onto your sealed floor. The liquid will stay there nicely until morning when the first person (my wife, in this instance) steps out in socks and finds the mess :)

So, floors have some definite downsides (and this is from someone who camps pretty much 4 seasons in the PNW)

thanks for the feedback, def take note of that, the floor should be detachable, use it whenever it makes sense. the trailer side is fully sealed too, I will post pictures of how that works later when I get a chance!

I wouldn't have a toilet inside the awning tent, the toilet should stay inside the bath tent. The awning tent space really should function as a living room/kitchen/kid room/extra sleeping space, and as such no place for a toilet.

Since the bath tent also functions as a shower place, water will run all over the place, so the bath tent is definitely not going to be inside the awning tent.

sam sf

spent easter overlanding in Moab Utah!

PSX_20230514_224803.jpgPSX_20230514_224856.jpgPSX_20230514_224923.jpg
that was some drop , felt the trailer slipped down, great articulation not a problem at allPSX_20230514_224817.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design