LX450 1HZ Turbo Diesel & 5speed swap

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
can i ask what WVO is please....lol...

WVO is Waste Vegetable Oil. People here go round to pubs and restaurants and take away the drums of used deep fryer oil and then reprocess it into a form of bio-diesel. It can be hard to source the waste oil now as many have caught on to the nearly free fuel. As an added bonus, your exhaust smells like french fries instead of standard diesel stink!

MtnToys

Wow that is a very nice job on the swap, this is part for part my dream set up, right down to the webasto set up. Thanks for sharing the additional parts list, as I'm sure it will be referenced a few times. Id be curious as to the overall performance of the 1HZ vs 1FZ, not so much in economy and off road performance but just overall drivability on the hwy and around town also? Because "we all know" the diesel is gona rule the gasser on the trail and as a overland platform, but how about as just a diesel in a gasser world. In other words, was it worth it?

I ask because I'v been going back and forth between the 80 and the new BJ74, the diesel is a real pleasure to drive off the road, and efficiency blows the 1FZ out of the water, but around town and on the short hwy trips it's kinda even so far.

The 1FZ/auto is faster off the line. That's pretty much the only pro of the 1FZ over the 1HZ. I've never driven a 1FZ with a 5 speed though.
Yep, it was definitely worth it :smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1