M416 trailer that this guy just won't sell.

achampagne

Explorer
I found such a sweet trailer today over in Maine, I asked the guy how much? and he stated that he did not want to sell it, he also said it had not been used in over 4 yrs, but regardless didn't want cash on the spot for it. Now mind you this trailer was complete and original and in near great condition. Such a waste, I even told him my plans for it if he would sell and how it could live a great little life. but no deal :(

4xdog

Explorer
I agree with loki646 -- you just haven't hit the right price yet.

I have a friend who is a **serious** dealer in a certain type of collectible. He's used the following approach with people who say somethings not for sale:

"What if I offered you $10,000 for it? Would it be for sale then?" That usually opens peoples minds to the idea of selling. They both may laugh and then he'll say, well, I'm not offering $10,000, but I **am** offering $1200 (let's say).

He's quite successful because, ultimately, he really does pay top dollar for the stuff he wants. He never tries to get good stuff for a song, and he makes the seller feel well treated.

He does fail sometimes, and he'll sometimes have to admit that the item was worth more to the seller than he was willing to pay.

But he's taught me that yes, everything is for sale.

1x1_Speed_Craig

I agree with loki646 -- you just haven't hit the right price yet.

I have a friend who is a **serious** dealer in a certain type of collectible. He's used the following approach with people who say somethings not for sale:

"What if I offered you $10,000 for it? Would it be for sale then?" That usually opens peoples minds to the idea of selling. They both may laugh and then he'll say, well, I'm not offering $10,000, but I **am** offering $1200 (let's say).

He's quite successful because, ultimately, he really does pay top dollar for the stuff he wants. He never tries to get good stuff for a song, and he makes the seller feel well treated.

He does fail sometimes, and he'll sometimes have to admit that the item was worth more to the seller than he was willing to pay.

But he's taught me that yes, everything is for sale.

That's a great approach...I have used a similar one at times. :)

Craig

Scout957

M416

Hey achampagne. Got one down here in S.E. Mass if you don't mind a little ride. Its in straight, good condition, with original pintle, original lights( need to be hooked up), new wire harness. Will consider reasonable offers.

Attachments

• M416 C.jpg
    M416 C.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 58
  • M416 D.jpg
    M416 D.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 53
  • M416 E.jpg
    M416 E.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 61

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
1st rule for buying these things, is you never tell them your grand scheme. I almost had the guy I won (eBay) my M416 trailer back out when I told him it was for camping.
2nd rule, yes everything has a price.

Stealing this trailer will set you up for many flat tires in the future but hey that's what a repair kit is for! I would talk to him again or just move on, if you are serious use the stalker approach and show up where he is oh hey I'm the guy ........still don't want to sell it huh?

A

A

tommudd

Explorer
If you are in the area stop by every now and again just to say "Hello" talk for a while and then as you're leaving say by the way if you ever want to sell that trailer let me know.
Took 3 years for me to buy a 69 Bronco back years ago, the guy ended up calling me one day to see if i still wanted it. He wanted to sell it to me since I stopped in to chat with him instead of bugging him all of the time about it !
Of course I sold it later when one guy had several piles of 100 dollar bills stacked on a bar! Money does talk! :):):):)

achampagne

Explorer
If you are in the area stop by every now and again just to say "Hello" talk for a while and then as you're leaving say by the way if you ever want to sell that trailer let me know.
Took 3 years for me to buy a 69 Bronco back years ago, the guy ended up calling me one day to see if i still wanted it. He wanted to sell it to me since I stopped in to chat with him instead of bugging him all of the time about it !
Of course I sold it later when one guy had several piles of 100 dollar bills stacked on a bar! Money does talk! :):):):)

I drive by once a month, I was thinking of just bugging him every month until he sold it.:bike_rider:

Dezdan

Observer
I found that it also works sometimes if I send my GF to do the work for me! She has gotten me great deals on powder-coating, exhaust work, etc. All she needed was a big smile and a low cut shirt... (Yea, I'm a pig!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1