MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Lunch break at Flaming Gorge. Getting up above 8,000 feet and the cool breezes flowing through this Ponderosa Pine forest was refreshing. We had picked up a "Tire Table" at BCOR and have found it to be very useful for quick lunches like this. Pull out the refrigerator tray, the sink tray, and attach the table to the passenger side wheel of the trailer. Our Kermit Chairs continue to work beautifully after over a decade of use.

Our whole trip was amazing in that we visited lots of neat spots but very seldom encountered sizable numbers of people.

Flaming Gorge 20119.jpg

Flaming Gorge vista 2019_edited-1.jpg

Last edited:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Beastie at rest in Deerlodge, MT on the way down to RMOR.

58596912504__83D7CD24-0134-4BF2-98E3-EA47F8F7ECB3.JPG

And, in Lyman, WY, on the way to Flaming Gorge. Working together, Nanc and I can have the trailer connected/disconnected in minutes. Drop it off and head into town to find a good dinner, laundramat, or grocery store. Better yet hit some of the more serious trails in the area. Come back, reconnect, fix a meal, take a shower, and relax.

Beastie in Layman, WY 2019.jpg

Last edited:

Alta22

I really love the idea of this rig. Do you know if Mission Overland is producing many of these? I think I’ll be in the market in the next 12-18 months and would love to get one with all the kinks worked out.

I really love the idea of this rig. Do you know if Mission Overland is producing many of these? I think I’ll be in the market in the next 12-18 months and would love to get one with all the kinks worked out.
Yes he is in production. I hope to get mine in the next few weeks. We will be at Expo East with it or can share the unit in the Ohio area if interested.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I'll be taking my Beastie back up to Canada in a week or two. There are a couple of modifications and changes that Nanc and I want done. This is one of the great things about working with Mark. He is right there to work with us to get things the way we want them. It is so nice to see this. As we aren't planning any trips until maybe late February or early March, this gives him time to clear up some very minor issues and add the stuff we want updated without feeling rushed. Win-win.

We had to make a quick trip back to the midwest the beginning of September for a family reunion. Sick of flat tracking it on the interstates, we chose to come back via Highway 12 across Minnesota, the Dakotas, and into Montana near Miles City. Beautiful two lane with small, neat little towns along the way. Very refreshing!

Dusty in MT.jpg

Trusty Dusty at a small reststop on Highway 12 near Miles City, MT.

Averys in MT.jpg

Snow on the Roof Adventures! Think we'll have to start a blog with that title. Finally have the time to take things easy.

BTW, Mark and family have a new clan of English Bull Dog pups in their home. Talk about cuties!

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
So what happens when the weather gets bad? Nanc and I had a LOT of experience with rainy days this past summer. What we found out is that Beastie is exceptionally water tight. the only moisture we've ever found from bad weather is when rain is couple with strong winds. We then found a few drops sneaking into the interior via the bottom of the plastic windows. And I mean strong winds and heavy rains necessary to cause this. Otherwise we have had many hours of rainfall on the outside while we spent time reading and relaxing on the inside. The Bluetooth radio was a great add-on during those times. So was the propane heater.

The interior is only 5' X 10', yet turned out to be the perfect size. We would end up leaning against the walls with pillows behind our backs and be as comfy as, well, two old farts in a trailer could possibly want. Even Tucker found a place to snooze. The LED lighting works out great for times like this too. With Nanc on one side and me on the other we could chat away, planning our next day's adventures, meals, etc.

fullsizeoutput_4a97.jpeg

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Probably none of this for the coming winter. Maybe next February on the way to Baja....

vcYAtYS5R96YC+n5dNjDKA.jpg

Picked up the trailer and headed almost immediately to Expo East. met another owner there and made plenty of friends showing off the trailer as well.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1571330668515.jpg
    FB_IMG_1571330668515.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 125
  • FB_IMG_1571330659534.jpg
    FB_IMG_1571330659534.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 121

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1