Mitsubishi Renews Montero name Trademark

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
This doesn't mean we will definitely get a new Montero, but it does mean that Mitsubishi doesn't want anyone else building one.
Hopefully a Triton based truck may return to US shores, but just as likely to get a large crossover too.

https://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=...TION&caseType=DEFAULT&searchType=statusSearch

The real question is would I trade my new Toyota SUV if a new Montero arrives?

Built on a Triton frame with Mitsu axles and suspension, yes. Anything else, no.

MrGalantguy

Mitsubishi Loyalist
I have been keeping up with the news lately with Mitsubishi and their plans in the next several years especially here in the U.S market. They are going to have 2 new vehicles in segments they currently don't compete in the N.A market. The new Delica sounds like its definitely coming to the U.S market as soon as 2026-2027 as part of the van/minivan/mpv segment and the Delicas will be 4wd only with some form of PHEV/Hybrid powertrain. They are also working with Nissan to build a "1 ton" pickup truck in Mexico which sounds like the Triton/L200. With Nissan discontinuing the Titan and the Frontier as their only truck offering, they could be bringing the Navara. The Frontier D41 chassis is not a global platform for Nissan...its exclusively here in the N.A market. The new Triton/L200 that debuted this year is ALL Mitsubishi engineered from the ground up as the Nissan/Renault alliance gave Mitsubishi the lead to develop the next global platform that Nissan will also use as their next Navara.

In a recent video by Kirk Kreifels on YT which he got from Automotive News is that Mitsubishi said the Montero/Pajero will be revived. This kinda confirms some rumors on one of the silhouette pics of what was teased by Mitsubishi from their recent dealers convention on the vehicles they are going to release by 2030 in the N.A market. No one is sure what direction Mitsubishi is going to take on the next Montero/Pajero...but if they are looking to offer something like what Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford have been doing with "off road" specific trims, I would expect something offered like that for the next Montero/Pajero with a current version of the Super Select 4wd.

Starting probably end of 2025, Mitsubishi will offering a "off road" trim version of the current Outlander.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk