Mombasa Cover Replacement

texaslawman

Observer
After tearing up two of the stock covers in less than a year and half I decided to have a custom one made. Its made from 18oz coated vinyl and is way tougher. For example where my stock cover had a tear I could easily rip it with my hand. The 18oz coated vinyl after being cut with a sharp knife I could not tear with my hands. Anyone here interested in a replacement for theirs if so I can get a price the guy says anything after mine should be cheaper because he will have the sizes and everything figured out. I dont have a price or pictures yet just checking intrest for the guy.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Very cool, have any pics??

Did you have the new cover? The newest one is thicker than the original version (1000 Denier instead of 500.). Mel was happy to send out a free replacement to us when we had our Mombasa. We had no problems with thicker version. The newer version is sand color vs. the gray.

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Id be interested also... does it come with a new zipper insert for the frame? My zipper is toast.

Pictures?

Price?

Thanks, James

texaslawman

Observer
Im supposed to pick it up later today and Ill get pic's and a price he used my old zipper but if there is enough intrest in them he will make them with zippers. He had several colors mine will be black.

Aggie

Adventurer
Very cool, have any pics??

Did you have the new cover? The newest one is thicker than the original version (1000 Denier instead of 500.). Mel was happy to send out a free replacement to us when we had our Mombasa. We had no problems with thicker version. The newer version is sand color vs. the gray.

x2.

Mel was awesome about getting the cover taken care of for us. Even gave us a new zipper insert that I think I will have to put in now that my zipper is starting to wear.

texaslawman

Observer
Well I picked it up I'll get pic's up here in a couple hours its hard to tell because its black but it is very well made and proably over done. He double lined where the ladder is on top and double lined where the straps go. This one should last for many years. Mel sent me a replacement one too but it was the old grey style. I dont know how much the new one from Mel is and the figure isnt in on this one yet but he 's thinking close to $300.:Wow1:

texaslawman

Observer
Yea I know... You get what you pay for I guess... May be worth it to buy the new replacement from Mel dont know the price on it. I do know I shouldnt have to replace mine now and if something does puncture it it wont tear and there is a patch kit.

texaslawman

Observer
Here's the pic's.

IMG_1981.jpg

IMG_1982.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

texaslawman

Observer
Yea I was expecting more like $100. He said they would be cheaper than the one he made for me and he over doubled it..:Wow1: Hes older maybe he was thinking of the whole thing I dont know. Ill go back and talk to him after roundup...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1