Monsoon Season in Arizona

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
A few more Monsoon shots

Here are few more shots from last night. It's been a whimpy Monsoon this year but I liked these cloud bursts.

It begins..........

644287974_U6aB2-X2.jpg

Open it up and dump.......

644288184_JzR5z-X2.jpg

Framed by showers..........

644288292_iuefD-X2.jpg

FROADER

Adventurer
I drove through one of these a few years ago. I'm almost afraid to post these after what I've seen already. I was just excited that I was able to catch it with my Canon SD550. :)

I was on the way home (Southern California) from Bastrop, TX, in August of 2006 towing my truck. A friend was driving at this point and as you can see, they were shot through a dirty windshield. :eek:

IMG_2585.jpg

IMG_2599.jpg

IMG_2600.jpg

IMG_2602.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

DrMoab

Explorer
Im curious. How many shots were taken that didn't have a strike through them? Thats great for a hand held camera in a moving vehicle. I don't know if I've seen that before.

FROADER

Adventurer
Im curious. How many shots were taken that didn't have a strike through them? Thats great for a hand held camera in a moving vehicle. I don't know if I've seen that before.

Thanks. I would say I probably took about 15 pictures and those posted are all I got that showed up. I was sitting there with the button half pressed ready to go. :)

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Time for 2010 Arizona Monsoon Pics!

I just Love this thread!

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Tucson's first of the season

We finally got our first decent monsoon driven storm last night. IMO to get good lightning captures you need a strong incoming storm with leading lighting so you have a clear view of the lightning and the storm clouds without being filtered by heavy rain.

This storm came in with heavy rain and the lightning and clouds were veiled by the rain in front of it so these are not great but better than nothing. :elkgrin:

941348118_A47hn-X2.jpg

941339988_WKvjr-X2.jpg

3. And a very wimpy one. :sombrero:
941339878_6Asz3-X2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1